Chapter 23

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Yeah, it just needed a jumper to get it going," Aungpao's dad remarked as he heard the engine of his car roar into life.

Aungpao watched as his dad disconnected either end of the jumper from his car and the other car, a white SUV, that was also parked in his father's driveway.

Aungpao wondered whether he should ask his father if he could give the other car to him so that he didn't need to be taking the school bus each school day.

"Dad..." Aungpao started to say.

"No," Aungpao's dad said before Aungpao could say anything else. It was as if he already knew what Aungpao was going to say.

"He must be psychic," Aungpao muttered under his breath.

"No, I'm not," Aungpao's dad said. "Stop talking to yourself. People will think you have mental issues."

Aungpao's dad handed the jumper to Aungpao, saying, "Bring this back to our kind neighbor. Give him my thanks and tell him I'm inviting him to dinner this evening as my way of thanking him for lending me this jumper."

"Okay," Aungpao said obediently.

Aungpao was about to head towards Neo's house when his dad called after him, "Okay, if you pass the city's driving test and get a driver's license I will let you borrow this car."

"Yesss! Thanks, dad!" Aungpao said happily as he rushed towards Neo's house with the jumper.

Aungpao's dad walked into the house to let his wife know that he planned to have a guest for dinner later in the evening and that he was headed for the supermarket to buy ingredients that she might need for whatever kind of dinner she was planning to make.

Aungpao nervously pressed on Neo's front door buzzer, remembering how grumpy Neo had been to him earlier. Aungpao hoped that Neo would be in a better mood by this time.

"My dad wishes to thank you for the use of your jumper," Aungpao said as he handed the jumper to Neo when Neo opened the door after a few presses on the doorbell.

"He's inviting you to dinner this evening," Aungpao added as Neo accepted the jumper.

"What for?" Neo asked as he walked towards the driveway to place his jumper back into the trunk of his car.

"To thank you for the use of your jumper," Aungpao replied.

 Neo did not reply right away. He unlocked the trunk of his car and placed the jumper inside.

Neo thought things over. If he accepted the neighbor's dinner invitation he wouldn't be able to invite Mark to dinner later in the evening. But if Mark wasn't free this evening, Neo would be having dinner all by his lonesome self.

Neo turned to Aungpao after closing the trunk of his car.

"Ask your dad if it's okay for me to confirm my acceptance later this evening," Neo said to Aungpao. "I might be busy later this evening but if my planned activity doesn't push through I will give him a call. Can you give me his contact number?"

"Can I give you mine instead?" Aungpao asked, staring at Neo's face, belatedly realizing what a good looking man his neighbor was.

"Whatever," Neo said, handing his phone to Aungpao.

Aungpao keyed in his number on Neo's phone and handed it back to Neo. In a few seconds Aungpao's phone started to ring.

"I will wait for your call, sir," Aungpao said with a wide smile on his face.

"Don't be overly polite," Neo said. "Just call me Neo."

"Thanks, Neo!" Aungpao said. "I hope to see you at dinner this evening!"

"We'll see about that," Neo said,  as he walked away.