Chapter 18

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Neo's POV

I watched in disappointment as  Gawin drove away with Mark seated in the passenger seat beside him. I did not fail to notice the wide smile that Mark gave him as he toyed with something on the screen by the dashboard. Maybe he was choosing a song to play along the way back to his house.

I walked back towards my front door, suddenly feeling lonely.

I wondered what Louis was doing at this time. Maybe he was in the air co-piloting a flight to Heathrow International Airport in London or Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris or Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.

I decided to take a chance anyway. He just might be free to take my call. No guts no glory.

I picked up my phone from the center table of my living room.

I tapped on Favorites. Louis' name was at the top of the list.

I heard the ringing on the other end.

"Louis' phone, sorry, he's in the shower right now," said an unfamiliar male voice.

"Who's this???" I asked, unable to hide the hostility in my voice.

"Who are you?" he countered, with just a bit of sharpness in his voice.

"This is his boyfriend Neo," I said cuttingly. "Tell him to call me as soon as he gets out of the fucking shower."

I cut the call without waiting for him to say anything else.

I suppressed the urge to hurl my phone against the wall of my living room.

To put myself in a better mood, I settled on my couch and turned my TV on and searched for a comedy channel.

I chose to watch a rerun of the old British comedy show Mr. Bean.

I was less than five minutes into the show when my phone started to ring. The personalized ringtone told me that Louis was returning my call.

"Who are you sleeping with, you whore?" I was shocked at myself for the words that came out of my mouth.

A long silence. I looked at my screen. Louis had hung up on me.

I tried calling him to apologize profusely.

He did not pick up.

I tapped on his number again.

In the middle of the second ring, I received an incoming text notification.

I don't ever want to see you or hear from you again.

Plz pick up. I wanna apologize but not thru text.

I did not get any text reply back so I tapped on his number again. My call went to voicemail again.

I went back to texting.

Are you breaking up with me just because of one stupid mistake? I didn't mean to call you a whore, okay?

I waited for a whole ten minutes before going back to texting.

Can you blame me for thinking what I'm thinking? What is a man doing in your room answering your phone calls for you while you're in the shower???

I alternated between calling and texting him but I was met with stone cold silence.

I went back to my comedy show but I was too upset to pay much attention to what was happening on the screen.

In the end I went to bed but was unable to sleep until dawn.

I didn't wake up until almost noon when I was awakened by the grumbling in my stomach.

I grabbed my phone from my night stand to check the time.

A text message from Louis greeted me.

Yes, I am breaking up with you.

I fell back heavily on to my pillows feeling very weak. All thoughts of breakfast vanished from my mind

I covered my face with my hands.

Yes, I am breaking up with you, Louis had texted.

And just like that, I found myself without a boyfriend.

Mark's face suddenly came to mind.

No, I shook my head. That won't do. It was not fair to go into a rebound relationship with Mark. Besides he was probably happily involved with Gawin now.