Chapter 9

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"So you wanna watch the mystery thriller movie with me this weekend?" Gawin tried to pursue the topic after his conversation with Mark had been interrupted by Tul.

"Yes, he would like to go and watch the movie with you," Max answered for his brother.

"Let him answer for himself," Gawin said, fixing his eyes on Mark.

"Sure, thanks," Mark replied.

"I told you," Max said with a smirk.

"I wanted to hear it from him," Gawin said, smiling at Mark.

"So it's gonna be day after tomorrow then," Gawin tried to confirm the date with Mark.

"Sure, thanks," Mark said again.

"Is he old enough to drink wine?" Gawin asked in a concerned tone when he saw Max pouring some of the white Chardonnay into Mark's wine glass.

"I'm an adult," Mark informed Gawin in an offended voice.

"Eighteen is an adult but not the legal age to drink," Gawin said firmly.

"Please, I'm twenty two," Mark pouted at Gawin.

"Okay, sorry," Gawin relented. "I seriously thought you were still in your teens, fourteen or fifteen maybe."

"Ohmygahd, Gawin," Max scolded Gawin. "I would certainly not allow you to date my brother if he was fourteen. I would report you to the police if you tried."

"I'm sorry again," Gawin said, taking a sip from his wine glass.

After setting his wine glass down, he turned to Mark again.

"Show me your government I.D." said Gawin stretching out his palm to Mark.

"Oh seriously, stop it already," Max said but Mark obediently stood up and pulled out his wallet from his pocket and fished out his government issued driver license and handed it to Gawin.

Gawin studied it for a moment and then handed it back to Mark.

"This looks fake to me," Gawin said with an unreadable expression on his face.

Mark's face started to turn red and both Max and Tul looked at Gawin with horrified expressions on their faces.

Suddenly Gawin burst out laughing.

"I was just playing with you all," he said, still shaking with laughter.

The three other men could only shake their heads, not amused at all.

"My compliments to the cook for such a wonderful dinner," Gawin said as he stood up together with everyone else at the table.

"That compliment goes to me." Max said, very pleased with himself.

"Don't go yet," Max said to Tul who was following Gawin to the front door.

"Okay," Tul said.

"Can Mark see me to my car in the driveway?" Gawin asked Max.

"No need to ask my brother," Mark said quickly. "Let's go."

"You have a nice car," Mark said, looking admiringly at Gawin's sleek silver Chevrolet Corvette.

"Wanna go for a spin in it right now?" Gawin asked.

"Sure!" Mark replied excitedly. "Let me just tell Max that I'm going out for a while."

"Go ahead," said Gawin. "I will wait for you here."

After a few seconds, Mark came running back to Gawin.

"Let's go!" said Mark.

Mark was getting ready to step inside Gawin's car when his phone sounded an incoming text notification.

Mark pulled out his phone from his pocket and studied the screen.

"What happened to your promise to treat me to a post birthday celebration???"

Oh shit, Mark had completely forgotten about his promise to Neo.