𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 3

Rosalyn watched Neville rush out of the compartment and heard Hermione say. "You three should change into your robes, I expect we'll be be arriving soon," and then she left.

Rosalyn took her robes with her and ran out of the compartment, she said. "Hermione!" said girl turned round.

"Rosalyn?"

"That was pretty great magic you did there for a first year," Rosalyn said, Hermione smiled.

"I'm sure you'll be just as great," she said.

"That spell was a prank you know, two of my older brothers set it up, they're great pranksters. Anyway, Ron still doesn't suspect anything."

Hermione giggled and said. "You should change, but let's continue this later?"

Rosalyn laughed and said goodbye to Hermione, she headed towards the toilets.

Once she was changed, she went back through the train to find Hermione. She eventually found her sitting alone in a train compartment, and went in. Hermione smiled as she sat down, and their conversation started when she spoke.

"So do you know all about magic? I'm muggle born you see, so I didn't know until I got my letter."

"Oh, I was brought up by Ron's family, the one you met earlier. He has five older brothers and one younger sister, and me, I've been with the Weasley's since-"

"Since You-Know-Who tried to kill you and Harry."

"How did you know about that?" Rosalyn was genuinely curious, "I mean, wizarding families know us, but if you're muggle born-"

"Oh, you're in some of the books I've read, Harry is more highlighted, but you're still in them."

Rosalyn understood, and asked. "How much reading do you do?"

"Oh, quite a lot," Hermione said. "I love reading, don't you?"

"I guess," was all Rosalyn said, but she clearly didn't like reading as much as Hermione.

The two girls talked and became fast friends, and soon enough the train stopped. Rosalyn and Hermione linked arms and departed it. Rosie looked for Harry and Ron in the crowd but didn't see them, she guessed she would find them later.

She heard a voice. "Firs' years over here! Firs' years with me!"

Rosalyn and Hermione both gasped as they saw a huge man (they presumed he was a giant), shouting these commands.

They heard a voice say. "Hi Hagrid," Rosalyn realised it was Harry, and she and Hermione rushed through the crowd towards him.

When they got there, Harry and Ron were staring up at Hagrid, as he was called, and he was shouting, "Firs' years, follow me!"

All the first years followed him through some trees and onto a kind of beach beside the black lake that had a fleet of little boats on it.

"No more'n four teh a boat!" Hagrid yelled.

Rosalyn smiled apologetically at her brother as she, Hermione, Neville and another boy she didn't know piled into a boat. She saw Harry and Ron go into a boat with two other boys as well, and waved to them as she and Hermione gasped at the view on the lake.

"FORWARD!" Hagrid yelled and the boats pulled off the shore and started to move across the lake. Rosalyn looked at the view as Hagrid said. "You'll get your firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec, just keep on comin'..."

True to his word, the boats suddenly turned, and-

She got her first sight of her school.

It was beautiful, a castle with loads of little turrets and towers, fire torches flaming around the walls, and an amazing reflection on the lake. Rosalyn couldn't believe how lucky she was. She got to be here for the next seven years!