𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ☆ 11

"Oh my Godric! Rosie you look beautiful!" Hermione gasped as she saw Rosalyn, in her dress and makeup on, standing in front of her.

"So do you, Mione," Rosalyn smiled, as Hermione had her floaty blue dress on with matching heels.

It was Christmas Eve. Rosalyn and Hermione were getting ready for the Yule Ball together because, as they were besties, obviously they had to. Both thought the other looked amazing.

But, as Rosalyn looked at herself in the mirror just then, she couldn't deny that she looked amazing, as well.

"Oh, Rosie," Hermione smiled with teary eyes at her as they held hands

"Oh, Rosie," Hermione smiled with teary eyes at her as they held hands. "Can you believe this? I mean, it seems like yesterday that were were just meeting for the first time on the Hogwarts express and now we're standing in beautiful dresses, four years on, and we're about to go to a ball!"

Rosalyn smiled. "Yeah. It's... amazing. But somehow scary at the same time."

"It's so scary!" Hermione laughed, as the two smiled at each other. "But... there's no one I'd rather do it with than you, Rosie."

Rosalyn grinned. "Neither, Mione."

The two girls both had tears in their eyes now.

But they were happy ones.

☆☆☆

They didn't exactly decide on a big entrance, but that was what happened anyway.

They realised they were late as they came down to the common room and no one was there, so they had to rush down the stairs in their ball gowns and heels.

"Oh shit," Rosalyn burst out when she peeked round the corner of the final staircase before the entrance hall. There was quite a crowd.

And none of them seemed to be moving.

"Oh shit, shit, shit-" Rosalyn hissed to Hermione. "Oh no! We're gonna have to do a big dramatic entrance!"

Hermione smiled, putting a hand on her best friend's shoulder. "It's okay, Rosie. No one's going to look at us anyway."

But they did.

As Hermione and Rosalyn went down the stairs, many heads turned.

Rosalyn saw Harry standing, with Parvati, who was his date. She saw Rosalie, across the room with Cedric. She saw Draco Malfoy, standing with Pansy Parkinson attached to his hip. She saw Ron with Padma, Parvati's sister, in his terrible dress robes. She saw Lavender and Seamus together. Then, finally, she saw Victor Krum and Tristan, both standing alone.

All of the above stared at the two girls as they walked down the stairs.

"Oh, they look beautiful..."