𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 11

Hagrid led them through the trees in the dark, they reached a small pool of silvery stuff. Hagrid knelt down and put two fingers into the pool, taking them out, twisting them so that any drips fell, he showed the children the strange substance. Rosalyn didn't recognise it at all, and neither did Harry. "Hagrid, what is that?"

"That's unicorn blood, that is, found one dead a couple 'o weeks ago, and it looks like this one's been hurt bad by somein'." Harry and Rosalyn looked at each other, and looked behind them, there was nothing, and Hagrid was doing the groups. "So, Ron, Harry, Hermione, with me, Rosalyn, Malfoy, you're also a group."

Draco looked positively terrified. "Okay, then I get fang!"

"Okay, but I warn ya, he's a bloody coward," Hagrid said, then he whispered quietly to Rosalyn. "Sorry you got the raw deal, I just have a feelin' that he might decide to start trouble, and you'll be be the best to put 'im in his place." Rosalyn smirked on hearing this and quickly told Hagrid she would and she didn't mind.

So they set off with the dog beside them, Malfoy ranting all the way. "Wait till my father hears about this! This is servant's stuff!"

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared," Rosalyn replied snarkily.

"Scared, Potter?" Malfoy scoffed.

"Yes, scared," Rosalyn replied bitingly. "I'd bet money-"

"Did you hear that?" Malfoy suddenly asked, jumping slightly. Rosalyn chuckled, that was just the wind on the leaves. They walked on a bit, when Rosalyn called. "Come on, Fang!" They stumbled straight into a hollow.

"Wh- what's that?" Malfoy said, pointing.

A black figure in a hooded cloak was kneeling beside a slain unicorn, drinking its blood. The unicorn looked amazing, in Rosalyn's mind, a slender, elegant body, a shimmering horn, and then she clutched her forearm and gasped slightly, the pain was immediate. But the hooded figure suddenly put his head up, his face was still obscured though.

"AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGH!" Draco yelled, running away with Fang from the creature? Person? Rosalyn didn't know which was more terrifying. But she wasn't a coward, and she knew it.

But the figure flew away from the unicorn and placed them self in front of Rosalyn, only a matter of steps away, and now the girl began to panic. She went backwards, and the thing advanced forwards, Rosalyn went further and further, and so did her opponent. Suddenly, she tripped over a root and fell to the ground, sliding backwards, but it was no use, she was going to have to face this person.

Or not. All of a sudden, a horse with a human head galloped into the scene backing the figure up on its hind legs, forcing it to flee.

And flee it did.

Rosalyn, shocked and scared, looked around the forest, until she heard a voice. "Rosalyn Potter, you must leave, the forest is not safe at these times, especially for you."

"Are you a centaur? And what was that thing you saved me from?" Rosalyn asked.

"I am a centaur, and there are a whole herd of us here, and that, that was a monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn, but to drink its blood? Yes, it will save you from death even if you are only a couple of seconds from its clutches, but killing something so pure had its consequences. So, from the moment the blood touches your lips, you will lead a half life; a cursed life."

"But who would choose such a life?" Rosalyn asked, confused.

"You can think of no one?"

"You mean to say," She had put the pieces together, "That that person who had slayed the unicorn, that was drinking its blood, that was Voldemort?"