𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋 ☆ 10

Rosalyn and Hermione were in their dormitory, getting ready for the party. "Oh, Rosie, you look amazing," Hermione told her best friend as she looked at her. She was right. There was no doubt about it, Rosalyn looked amazing.

 There was no doubt about it, Rosalyn looked amazing

"You too," Rosalyn smiled. Hermione wore a floaty, pink dress with a pair of gold heels.

"So, who're you taking?" She suddenly asked, changing the subject. She had been trying to get it out of her best friend for the past few hours.

Hermione sighed. "I- I-"

"Who is it?" Rosalyn asked in a teasing voice.

"I- I was just trying to annoy-"

"Ron," Rosalyn said immediately. "Well, who have you taken?"

"McLaggen," Hermione answered. Finally.

"No way!" Rosalyn said in shock.

"I- I just thought that- since he nearly beat him-" Hermione stuttered.

"He only didn't beat him because you made him not," Rosalyn laughed. "But McLaggen! He walks around like he's got a stick up his-"

"I know!" Hermione said hopelessly. "But he seems nice enough to me, even if I cringe inside about the stuff he says about you."

"What?" Rosalyn snarled. "What does he say about me?"

"Only that you picked Ron because you're basically his sister, that you're unfair and you pick favourites-"

"And you still chose him?" Rosalyn asked in a hiss. "Godric's sake, Hermione, you could've just accepted my offer!"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I had already asked him by then, anyway. I couldn't have done anything about it."

Rosalyn rolled her eyes. "McLaggen's so thick that I could throw all the bludgers in the world at him and he wouldn't flinch!"

Hermione looked defeated. "I'm going with him tonight, Rosie, and I'll see what happens after that."

Rosalyn growled in despair. "I swear, if you start dating him just to make Ron jealous-"

"Like Neville's doing with you," Hermione said plainly. "Rosie, I've seen how you feel watching Neville and Hannah, and that's how I feel watching Ron and Lavender."

"I know," Rosalyn sighed. "But a smart girl I know said 'Ron has already fallen for you, and now, you've fallen for him. And I promise, that none of that will go to waste'."

It was Hermione's turn to roll her eyes as Rosalyn mimicked her voice. The girl giggled before putting the last touch of powder on her cheeks.

Soon enough, she was waiting for Seamus in the corridor. She was still mulling over the thought that this time last year, her and Neville had kissed each other's cheeks under the mistletoe.