Forging an alliance part 2

-First gate of the Netherworld-

''King Salazar.'' Captain William announced his presence and bowed before me. ''I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch these past three weeks.''

''It's alright, captain. I'm curious to know what new updates you have to say.'' I told the captain.

''A quarter of the nobles of Arthedeim will be willing to swear allegiance to you, king of Akkad.'' The captain told me. ''One of the princesses of the kingdom, the youngest one named Alice, always had a fascination with the Akkadians. She found out about this scheme of ours but, instead of reporting me to the king, she wanted to join your cause.''

That was intriguing news to hear. ''A surprise, I admit, and a most welcome one.'' I remarked and looked at the captain again. ''She must have a prize or request. If so, what it is?''

''She is smitten with a low born knight named Tristan Cole, my lord king of Akkad. Her offer is this: she and the nobles will betray the king and in return, wishes be granted. Princess Alice will kill her own father if she is allowed to have the knight, my lord king.''

''A small request, one that can easily be granted. Tell her that, captain. If that is what she desires, she'll have it.''

''I will, my lord king. And if I may be so bold as to ask, what is the situation on your part?'' the captain asked.

''I have found the location of the remnants of Akkad;  and I will be moving shortly to unite them. Along with the other peoples of course.''

''I understand. If that will be all, I best to going back to Arthedeim, my lord king.'' The captain said his good bye and left the place to return to his home.

The plan of start forming an alliance would begin now.
______________________________________

-The Zhili clique-

The clique, or area under the control of a warlord, were suddenly under sieged by an army. They came suddenly, catching them off guard and before anyone could take up arms. The soldiers surrounded them, preventing them from resisting and the mansion of their warlord was breached open.

''What is the meaning of this? Who are you people?'' the warlord demanded.

''You must be the warlord of this clique.'' I stated as I walked forward to meet him. ''My name is Salazar Covraii, king of Akkad, and I have come to meet you. I seek the unification of my people and to form an alliance. Join me.''

''Only the strong lead this clique. We know no equal;  if you wish for us to fight on your behalf, you are not thinking straight.'' The warlord replied and I just sighed.

'Disappointed that it can't be resolved dilplomatically but it was never my strongest point.' I thought and took off my cape. ''Then, by the right to challenge leadership and the old customs, I challenge you, one warrior to another, for the right to exercise authority over this clique.''

''Only the strongest may rule over the clique of Zhili.'' The warlord stated, putting on his helmet and taking up his sword, spear and shield. ''It will be a satisfying moment to see a weakling who believes him to be the ancient king humiliated and knocked out of your delusions.''

''Do not mistake yourself;  the only one with delusions here... is you.'' I retorted and as I took a spear in my hand, I faced the warlord in single combat.

The warlord rushed at me and we exchanged spear blows. Metal clanged as spear hit shield and I must admit, he was pretty good. About half a minute of exchanging blows, I managed to make his spear fall off and I attacked. He protected himself with his shield and took out his sword. I blocked his strike, then gave him a kick in the stomach. He tried to attack my foot but my boots being made of adarite prevented actual damage. I attempted to strike but he evaded in time and got back up. He attempted to stab me but I managed to trap his arm with my ice shield;  I tried to pierce him with the tip of my spear but he blocked with his own shield.