Anaxes debate

A/N: re-designs part 1- the Covraii family

Salazar Covraii

Dainah Covraii

Rachael Covraii

Rachael Covraii

______________________________________

     -Khorsabad, Nineveh, Akkadia-

Admiral Thrawn decided to pay me a visit in my own home. The exiled chiss who now served as an admiral in the imperial navy decided to come to me since, as he so put it, I held the necessary power and status to help him. The Great Anaxes Debate as it was called;  one way to determine the empire's future with regards to it's current military. I took the decision of inviting admiral Thrawn for a meal in my palace as a show of good hospitality.

''Anaxes war college.'' I muttered and everyone heard me say it. ''I never visitied the place nor the planet itself. What brought about this debate anyways, Admiral Thrawn?''

''Many commanders like myself feel the need for a change in strategy and mindset to deal with current times, grand general.'' Thrawn answered. ''Like General Rom Mohc who feels that these... vehicles are not doing well enough and stormtroopers ill equipped for taking on a wider rebel threat.''

The recent increase in stormtrooper numbers was quite concerning. I shouldn't be afraid given the equipment they hold but the lower quality training was most concerning. Stormtroopers were decreasing in quality ever since before the Mimban campaign even began. They only held numbers in advantage and were a mere shadow of their predecessors, the clone troopers. The imperial army was being neglected despite imperial propaganda saying otherwise. The stormtrooper was becoming useless and commanders rising not by talent but by nepotism and corruption.