Cobra's holdings

-Równina Trawiasta, Mid Rim-

The east wind blew over the grassy plains of the planet Równina Trawiasta in the Mid Rim regions as the clock struck 8 o'clock. The land speeders hovered, the orbaks galloped through the green grass plains and the towns were alive with the sound of children playing at this time of day.

The imperial garrison on Równina, especially the commander-in-charge, was distraught by the news that came from Endor. Emperor Palpatine was dead and so was Darth Vader;  the rebels won and destroyed the second Death Star. Now, the empire was shattering itself as it's territories became divided by military leaders and politicians. The Galactic Empire was being torn apart from the inside all the while the rebel alliance waited for their opportunity to cannibalise on the fracturing empire. But that was the least of his concerns now.

He, along with numerous other imperials across the Mid Rim and Expansion Regions, recieved a message from ISB Director-General Priscilla Roth. Half of the Outer Rim seceded from the empire, becoming independent, and called itself the Eternal Empire of the Cobra;  it's capital was Akkadia. The message- no, ultimatum- was to surrender to Cobra and become a part of it or face annihlation.

The commander-in-charge of the garrison, a man in his mid 50's named Lieutenant General Connings, faced a hard choice to make. He firmly believed in the empire and it's ideals but at the same time, cared for his troops and he grew fond of the natives of Równina. For the sake of soldiers and the people, he made his choice.

''Sir?'' a stormtrooper commander snapped him out of his thoughts. The silence in the room following the recieving of the message had become unbearable. ''What's your decision, sir?'' he asked.

''Men, this may very well be the hardest decision I have yet made.'' the lieutenant-general told them. ''But, for the sake of your lives and that of the people of Równina, we must put aside doctrine and see clearer. Commander, give Director Roth our reply;  send a message to Akkadia and inform them: Równina accepts to become a part of Cobra.''

''Very well, sir.'' the stormtrooper commander said and went to give the reply to the Cobra.

(outside the garrison)

When word reached the other troops and junior officers of the garrison, mixed reactions were what they held. They were all shocked to learn of what happened in Endor and how the planet and the system was surrendering to the new Cobra Empire.

''Can't believe the commander would just surrender that easily.'' remarked a fresh stormtrooper.

''Look on the bright side. At least it avoids the bloodshed on our parts.'' another, older and more experienced trooper said. ''If we're lucky, we might get 'em wraith trooper armor.''

''Wraith troopers? Shut up.'' a third trooper exclaimed. ''The same ones that the Grand Marshal commands? Sign me up any day.''

''Yeah. Special stuff 'em wraith trooper armor. Guess it comes with all the campaigning they undertook.''

''Cobra huh? Wow. The emperor and lord Vader are gone and almost instantly, it seems like every high ranking imperial just decided to make their own little empires.'' the first trooper said to his comrades.

''And worst part is, they hate each other as much as they love to hog onto their power. The ones to take the most damage are us troopers and the civilians. I just hope that we wouldn't be forced to fight other breakaway warlords.'' the second trooper told them of his opinion. ''Last thing I want is to shoot another trooper.''

''Yeah. I'd much rather shoot down those bastard rebels that our own fellow trooper.''

''Excuse me, sir?'' the voice of a young woman called our to me. ''I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you or anything but... can you please send a message to my brother?''