War of the gods

''Come. I'll introduce you to the others, Salazar.'' Dyeus-Pater said and his hand motioned for me to follow him. ''You already met Perkunōs. Time to meet the others.''

''Others? You have children besides him?'' I asked.

''Yes. Here's one now. Salazar, meet my son, Koryos-Fehtan. He's the god of war in this universe. Son, meet our ally, Salazar Covraii.'' Dyeus-Pater introduced me to his other son named Koryos-Fehtan. He was a strong man clad in pure armor from head to tie and he had a menacing horned helmet.

''So this is the stranger that you talked about, father.'' Koryos-Fehtan said as he saw me. ''Welcome to our home, Salazar Covraii, the out-worlder.''

''Yes. Out-worlder.'' Dyeus-Pater repeated but his tone had a certain harshness to it. It was like a father reprimanding his son. ''How's the day of battle, my son?''

''We won, father, but many of our soldiers lost their lives. The sudden arrival of the mother chaos forced our early retreat.''

''I see. I guess not even Pragna's plan can foresee that.'' Dyeus-Pater said before shaking that thought off of his mind. ''Let's go, Salazar. There are others more to meet.'' Dyeus said and I followed him. ''Brother, what happened to you?'' Dyeus asked as he saw his brother return with grievous wounds.

''They fought tougher than before, brother.'' he answered. ''Mother chaos is giving them her boons. They're getting stronger everyday.

''I see. Go get rest, brother. You did enough for one day.''

''I'll manage.'' he said and got ready to walk before noticing me. ''Is this him?''

''Yes. Salazar, meet my brother, Mori-Deiwōs. He's the god of the oceans and water in general.'' Dyeus introduced me to him. ''Go get some rest brother. Tomorrow, we'll need you at peak fighting condition.'' Dyeus said and left. ''This way, Salazar.''

''So that's your brother. Any more brothers? Maybe a sister?'' I asked in curiosity.

''There's one more brother. Mertyu, the god of death and the netherrealm. And of course, my sister-wife Cwēn.'' Dyeus answered. The answer of his sister also being his wife was pretty surprising and I did not feel the need to ask any more questions.

''Father, you arrived.'' said a tall woman in white clothing and full body armor. ''And I see you brought a guest with you.''

''Yes. Pragna, meet Salazar Covraii, our guest. Salazar, meet my daughter Pragna. She's the goddess of war and wisdom, our main battle planner.''

''I thought the other one, Koryos-Fehtan was supposed to be the god of war.'' I said and Dyeus laughed slightly.

''Yes. While Fehtan is god of the savagery and brutal aspects of war, Pragna on the other hand is the goddess of the beautiful things in war. The thinking and the plans that come with it. You know what I mean.''

''Do she's your strategist.'' I concluded. ''Let's see.'' I said as I looked at the battle plans Pragna had made.

''Curious to learn, are you, Salazar Covraii?'' Pragna asked as I looked over at her plans. ''Well, maybe I can teach you a thing or two.''

''Perhaps.'' I simply responded. ''What's the composition of your army anyways?''

''Several thousand fighting men and women from every race.'' Pragna answered. ''My half-brother, Smithaz, god of crafting and the dwarves, makes weapons for them in our fight.''

''Half-brother?'' I asked.

''Well, a story for another time.'' Pragna simply said. ''So, have any more questions or any suggestions you'd like to say? I'm all ears and honestly, after all this fighting, I could use a talking partner.''