Fields of Akkadia

A/N: the politics and economy of Akkadia and it's structure.

Nobility hierarchy:
Duke
Viscount
Count
Earl
Baron

The main governing body is the House of Lords, an assembly of all the noble houses of Akkadia and it's system. Then there's the senate who represents the system in the republic and later empire and also the governor for the Galactic Empire. There are the 'old nobles' who rose out of the warring states period after the fall of the Sargonid Dynasty and the 'new nobles' who gained power long after these houses were established. The Covraii family under Dainah Covraii has become increasingly wealthier and more powerful in the years. Seeing this, other houses have sought her alliance.

Two of these allies are House Nyx and House Blûdwyne. The former is a wealthy house whose barons and baronesses have run the banks of Akkadia. The latter was one of the first of the 'old nobles' but their power has been waining for three generations. Now, their hope lies in the Covraii family. Powerful off-world allies to the Covraii family are Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin and Moff Ardus Kaine.

Akkadia's main exports are valuable metals, furs, high quality wood and spice. The spice oligarchs became rich from trading the spice but when their corruption became too much, they were taken down by the noble houses and disgruntled workers. The House of Lords seized power and monopoly on the spice trade but they too became increasingly corrupt. Some noble houses, mainly the duchies and counties, have powerful influence on other planets. The balande of power is delicate as the noble houses all meet up to decide but as the years pass, people begun taking on ultra nationalist views, thinking this system is flawed and sought a return to the glory days of the Neo-Akkadian Empire. Talks have begun... of a revolution.
______________________________________

         -city of Nineveh, Akkadia-

The troopers of my unit, the ones from the Akkadia garrison and the soldiers of the A.D.F marched through the streets of Nineveh level 9. Tanks and walkers too marched through the city streets, saluting my aunt as she stood atop Khorsabad's grounds. The parade was held in my honor shortly after I returned from Mizraim. Captains Gary and Kassus and Major Gren led the marching troops through the streets. After it was over, I walked up Khorsabad and stood before my aunt.

''Today is a great day for all Akkadians and the Ashur system.'' my aunt began her speech. ''The gods and ancients smile down upon us as we celebrate the achievements of one of our own, a beloved son of Akkadia. For the first time since the days of the Neo-Akkadian Empire, has the name of one of our own echo throughout history. You have done us all proud, Salazar Covraii, and you have made me the proudest woman for you are my nephew, my flesh and blood.'' she said and turned to an imperial officer who gave her a box. ''It is with great honor that I award to you Akkadia's greatest honors: the Order of king Ashurbanipal and the Ashur Cross.''

She placed the medals below my data code cylinders alongside the Eriadu silver crest, Sartinaynian star and the Samovar heroes medal. The crowds clapped and cheered as I recieved the awards and Prisca, Kore and Myranda rushed to my side to give me a bouquet of flowers.

(Khorsabad palace, the next day)

''Was it a wise decision to have given share of the spice profits to Black Sun, aunt?'' I asked her regarding this decision that she made. ''The House of Lords may not be too pleased with it.''

''They won't know, nephew.'' my aunt reassured me. ''Baron Erebus Nyx has helped me on the money transfer. No one will trace it back to me. As for the Black Sun, well, a monopoly on the spice will be too good for the Pykes to turn down.''

''Are you trying to instigate a war between two criminal organizations?''

''Perhaps. If they do, then, I have plans in motion to increase our family's corporation in the event. In the meantime, have you increased defenses and activated the sentry drones?'' my aunt asked.