The Akkad Spring

-Nineveh, Akkadia, Ashur system-

Over on an apartment building in Level-6 of Nineveh, Arella Covraii overlooked a hotel about a mile away. She used binoculars to get a better view of her target. That target was none other than her own aunt, who, out of spite, she attempted to assassinate. ''Remember the deal we made.'' she said to her partner, the head patriarch of the noble house of Camberlayne.

''Of course.'' he replied. ''You get Khorsabad and inherit your aunt's while I get to see her dead. Win win for all of us but what will we do about her nephew? I have already put quite enough in trying to assassinate your aunt. Her nephew would require an even greater cost since he's not here.''

''Leave Salazar to me. Just do your job and shut... it.'' Arella answered in anger and the hologram message ended. 'She thinks she can take away my rightful inheritence and give it to a woman she never met before and that warmongering nephew.' Arella thought angrily. 'We'll see about that. This is the last time I take your shit, aunt Dainah.'

(the hotel)

Rachael Covraii, sister to Salazar Covraii, had learnt a lot from her aunt in politics, business and finances but she heavily disliked the criminal dealings she was making. She prayed often that her aunt be forgiven for the things she did. She accompanied her aunt on a meeting with criminal elements and for her to understand the family business and get acquianted with it. She felt extremely uncomfortable;  even more so after knowing that her future sisters-in-law and their families were also involved in this. But she held no power over this and knew better than to speak out. In her younger days, when she showed even the slightest signs of disobediance, she was whipped brutally. She dared not do it again and especially not in front of her aunt.

The deal was done and all parties were leaving the hotel. On her aunt's orders, Rachael wore a more militaristic uniform attire. A white shirt and skirt with a white double breasted overcoat with boots. She did not feel comfortable in them as she was more used to lighter robes. She followed her aunt as she casually walked back to her hover limousine all the while talking with Kore Nyx and Myranda Blûdwyne.

''You best learn these things fast, Rachael.'' Myranda told her future sister-in-law. ''They are all very important for the future. We wouldn't want people to doubt whether you're Sal's real sister or our sister-in-law.''

''I know, Myranda. I'm trying.'' Rachael replied as the blonde noble woman followed her escort out of the hotel.

''Sorry that Myranda can be a bit... harsh at times, Rache.'' Kore apologized on her best friend's behalf. ''She's just a bit... well, she has a bit of an ego, you know? She being heiress to the House of Blûdwyne, one of the oldest noble families in Akkadia. She can be kind and good, just hates showing much of anything.''

''You don't have to apologize, Kore. We will all be family soon anyways.'' Rachael replied with a smile. The House Nyx heiress also smiled back and walked out with her escort.

''Rachael! Hurry up. We're leaving soon.'' Dainah told her niece.

''Coming, aunt. Wait.'' Rachael suddenly realized that she left her small bag back in the room. She hurridly went to get it back just as an explosion suddenly took back. She saw where it came from and grew terrified cause her aunt was close to it. ''Aunt!'' she hurridly ran, ignoring the difficulty of the high heels, and to her wounded aunt. ''No, no, no. Someone get help fast!''

The nearby guards came and placed Dainah Covraii on the last land speeder. The others were blown up to pieces and the explosion killed eight of the moff's guards. Rachael hopped on a speeder with the rider and the escort going back fast to Khorsabad. In her hiding place, Arella smirked and contacted her partner to inform him.
______________________________________