𝐜𝐡. 𝟐𝟏 : 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 / 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐲

"jesus christ y/n!" my door swung open, smashing against the wall

"jesus christ y/n!" my door swung open, smashing against the wall. "what, bebe. what." i respond angrily from my bed. she clears her throat then mumbles a 'nothing' before continuing. "let's go out!" she exclaims excitedly, stepping into my room.

"bebe, you do you, but if we're going out you need a shirt." she has on a red halterneck bikini in the shape of small triangles and jean shorts that reach a quarter of the way down her thighs. red heart-shaped sunglasses push back her curly blonde hair revealing her smiling, sun-kissed face.

"okay smartass, we're going to the beach not the bank." she rolls her eyes at me and turns her attention to the decor around my room. her eyes rush to every corner, studying them like she'll be tested on it later. "just us?" i ask, crawling out of bed. it still feels weird to step onto a different wood floor besides the one of my childhood bedroom.

"yeah. i miss you." she whines dramatically. her head tilts to the side, still characterized by her gorgeous smile. "can you hurry up though it's like time to go." her voice doesn't hint at sarcasm. "sure bebe. can you leave so i can get ready?" i respond, my voice shaking with a laugh at the end of my sentence.

she scoffs and shuts the door behind her slowly, not turning around. she jokingly peers through the crack in the door as the distance closes between the door and the latch. "nothing i haven't seen before!" she shouts from the other side before she runs downstairs. her flip-flops click as she hurriedly descends down the hallway and steps.

bebe's presence leaves a mark in my memory. the spot in which she stood burning a hole into my skull. she's like a flash of light, or an energy drink. she's so energetic and erratic in a way that's refreshing. like ice water in hot weather, or lemonade at a state fair. she isn't always cheerful and she is never consistent, which is surprisingly comforting in a way no one else is to me. wendy and heidi are my rocks, but sometimes i want my whiskey neat. bebe makes me feel alive and adventurous. like i'm a brand new person.

i spin a couple times in the floor-length mirror to make sure my bikini straps aren't rolled over. my top covers more than bebe's does, but it leaves little to the imagination nonetheless. i layer the top with a lacy, sleeveless, tank top i have. the straps trail down my back and tie into a bow near the middle. the strings from the high cut of my bikini bottom are visible on the sides of my hips thanks to the low-cut pair of denim shorts i wear.

i quickly scavenge for a bracelet and a hair tie before meeting bebe in the kitchen. "you look so cute!" bebe squeals, grabbing my hand in hers and leading me out the front door.

the sky is a vibrant shade of blue and the sun beats down us. bebe moves her shades onto her face and i wish i brought my own pair. i use my hand to shield my eyes from the blinding rays of the huge sun.