𝐜𝐡. 𝟏 : 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 / 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧

"alright y/n, one last time." my dad says, bringing his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose. he made a checklist for all the things i have to pack for my trip to tolkien's island and he's made me run through it like seven times 'just to be sure'. i sigh loudly and zip open my suitcases as he begins to read the items off.

i understand why he's doing it, im going to be there for the entire summer, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. "dad." i interject. "i have my shirts, my shorts, my dresses, my jewlery, my shoes, my socks, my airpods, my phone charger, my skincare, my makeup, my perfume, my books, my extra bag, my-everything-else-i-need, and yes, i packed sunscreen." he smiles bittersweetly at the end of my monologue, his lips appearing more as a sad pout then anything else.

"i know honey. i'm just going to miss you.. and you can never be too careful." he walks towards me and pulls me into a hug, his freezing hands shocking me. "did you pack your swimsuits?" he whispers quietly in my ear, before letting me go. "dad. stop it." i answer. i don't actually mind though.

"alright alright. i'm truly done now. lets go say bye to your mom." he leads the way downstairs to where mom is sat at the kitchen table awaiting me, a carefully hidden scowl lightly decorating her features. "y/n, you're all packed, correct?" she gestures for me to sit in the chair next to her. "yes mom." i drag out the end of my sentence and take a seat. i gave up being formal with her a long time ago, but i won't risk ignoring her.

not today at least. "i don't normally have to worry about you, but just so you're aware i have a list of rules you need to abide by." she tells me with as much authority as she can exude. "not another list- please mom." i plead. this vacation sounds amazing but my parents are ruining it with their stupid lists.

"no drugs- that includes alcohol."
"no pregnancy."
"no talking back to mr. & mrs. black."
"no..being bad." she had to think for awhile to come up with the last rule. my parents for the most part are laid back (less so my mother) but i suppose 3 months of un-supervised vacation makes them nervous. they shouldn't be though.

"im a good kid mom. can we go now?" i stand up from my chair and walk towards the door, wheeling my three suitcases behind me. at the door i have another bag packed with essentials for the four hour flight over to providence, rhode island. it's always good to be prepared, no?

but before i can get on the flight, there's a fourty-five minute drive to denver. and after the flight there's an hour drive to newport, rhode island, and then a ferry to martha's vineyard, and then another ferry to tolkien's private island. well, i guess his parents private island. every year he spends the summer there, but this year he invited a bunch of his friends to come with him.

i'm not sure who's all going because the entire trip was pretty last minute, at least to me it was. he only told me i was invited two weeks ago, which isn't a lot of preparation for an entire summer get-away, but whatever. a vacation is a vacation. anyways.. i know bebe and clyde are going which also means probably wendy and stan too? craig's gang is certainly going, along with tolkien's girlfriend, but after that i don't have any other guesses. tolkien is a very friendly person so really anybody could be going. except cartman.

tolkien can be polite and civil all he wants to eric, but it doesn't make a worlds of difference in how he treats him. cartman's just always been like that i guess. it doesn't matter who he is talking to, he always finds a way to harass someone.

the drive to the airport is fairly quiet. tolkien said everyone is meeting up at the airport before we board instead of driving together in one big carpool. my parents are the ones taking me to the airport because even though i have my license they insisted on driving me, it doesn't really matter to me though. i just think it's cause they want it see me off. i think i'll miss them more than they will miss me, but being on a warm beach surrounded by cool water and my friends makes the blow easier.

speaking of friends, as soon as i enter the airport i immediately spot bebe looking lost in the sparse crowd. not long after, she sees me and waves before running over and tackling me in a hug. "you have no idea how glad i am to see you right now! i don't know how to read this thing." she waves her boarding pass in the air. i'm surprised she doesn't understand how to read the ticket because she's always going somewhere on vacation; but at the same time i'm not very suprised either. bebe isn't the smartest girl i know. "that's your seat number and row" i point on her ticket. "and that's your gate."

"thanks girl. see you soon!" she replies cheerfully, walking quickly to her destination.

after waiting in queue to check in for awhile then getting my luggage approved, i am finally on my way towards the boarding gate. once i'm there i finally see everyone who's going.

kenny, kyle, stan, wendy, nichole, heidi, craig, jimmy, butters, tweek, and of course tolkien, bebe and clyde. i wave to them as i haul my carry-on luggage with me. as i sit down next to the large group and survey my surroundings, i finally take notice of the chubby boy sat opposite of me.

cartman? what the fuck is he doing here? tolkien doesn't even like him? i quickly turn to my right and ask stan what he's doing here. "oh yeah. i forgot he was here honestly." he pauses to continue speaking. "but butters accidentally invited him. tolkien was pretty angry but he's mostly calmed down." i groan loudly and rub my face with my hands. cartmans is so annoying and mean and he ruins everything. and eats everything.

when cartman notices my distress he waves his chubby fingers at me. i glare at him and pull out my phone to text tolkien.

y: wtf 😐😐 i hate cartman
y: he makes me physically sick .
t: You're not alone
t: I'll lock him in a room or something when we get there idk

i put my phone away and with perfect timing, our flight number is called to board the flight.