𝐜𝐡. 𝟏𝟓 : 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐲

𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 / 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧

"y/n!" my friends cheered, raising their solo cups in the air as i joined them in tolkiens living room

"y/n!" my friends cheered, raising their solo cups in the air as i joined them in tolkiens living room. well i suppose every living room is his living room. tolkien's birthday is today and he is having a real party before his parents dinner event, which is more formal. "why are all of you in here?" i ask confused, pulling down my dress as i take a seat next to bebe. she slings her arm over my shoulders. "hiding." she whispers in my ear, curly blonde locks tickling my cheek.

i look around the open space of windcourt manor to try to find who they're hiding from. "tolkiens parents are outside." wendy notices my confusion. bebe looks at her and wendy sips to avoid her gaze, hiding behind the cup.

"i'll be back." i tell them, taking my gift bag from a 'little more than tipsy' bebe's curious hands. i can hear her groan as i slide open the heavy glass screen door. tolkiens parents are chatting amongst tolkiens gang with full champagne flutes. a white table full of gifts adjacent to them hosts all of our presents to tolkien. i can tell from the poorly wrapped ones (some with christmas paper) and the plain amazon boxes.

a different, clothed, table is home to the elegantly presented gifts, no doubt from the birthday boys parents. slick ivory wrapping paper encases the gifts. the larger ones have wide ribbon around them.

my gift bag settles amongst the guest table. my eyes wander over the tags. wendy brought a medium sized present that is reminiscent of a disco ball with its glittery, silver casing. craig brought one of the amazon boxes. jimmy brought a thoughtfully, but weakly wrapped gift. some parts of the box poke through and i can tell it's a lego set, but he really did try!stan's gift to tolkien is perfectly square, and wrapped pretty good.

an arm snakes around my waist and i turn in shock to face the perpetrator. "hey." kyle breathes out. his jewlery makes another appearance and gives me an unwanted reminder of our little date. it definitely wasn't the worst date i've ever been on, but it's all too fast for me. and all completely unfair to him.

uncomfortable, i hesitate before responding. "hi." i am at a loss for words. i feel like i don't know him, and that's because i don't. he doesn't know me; i barely know me for that matter. "i'm sorry, is this too much?" he worries, removing his hand from me and placing it at his side.

i look around us to see if anyone's listening. "you're great kyle- it's just we don't know eachother." i empathize. what i'm saying isn't completely true, but it's not a lie either. i've known kyle since i moved to southpark, in fact he's one of the first people i met here. we've just never made an effort to converse with eachother.

"what's your favorite color?" he asks.
"y/f/c." i know that one.
"what's your dream job?" he asks.
"um." i pause. "a teacher."
"where do you want to live when you're older- surely not south park?" he asks.
"northern california."
"what's your biggest fear?" he asks.
"not being believed. and death- not my own."
"what's your goal in life?" he asks.
this one really makes me think. i wouldn't say i'm a very focused person, nor am i goal oriented.
"to love and be loved." i respond.