𝐜𝐡. 𝟒 : 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬 / 𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫

i personally, think the ferry ride is fine. enjoyable even. i think tweek would disagree though. watching kenny, stan, and tolkien drink made him nervous that they would be caught underage drinking either by staff or tolkien's parents.

another thing thats currently making him nervous was being on the boat itself. he's worried that the ship will sink due to a variety of circumstances. big waves, flooding, faulty equipment, engine failure, sea monster, pirate attack, ice berg, bombs, air strike, and even a few more. he threw up a couple times because he was so nervous and also because he has motion-sickness. i can kind of imagine how wendy was feeling on the plane now.

craig has spent most of the ride calming down tweek, butters has spent most of the trip glued to the window, surveying the seas, and the rest of us have been occupying our time mostly talking about the housing situation.

"okay so, tolkien says that there's four houses on the island. one has three bedrooms, one has four, and two have five. where is everyone going to sleep?" wendy says while creating a small diagram on a sheet of paper of what the island looks like, and the rooms available in each home. "my parents are taking a house by themselves." tolkien tells her and wendy fills two out of three bedrooms in the smallest house with their names. "stan, kenny and i want to be in a house together. if that's okay." kyle quickly adds onto the end of his sentence. wendy nods and writes their names in a house of four.

"i'll save a house of five for us girls." wendy says and begins to fill in all of our names before nichole speaks up. "actually.. i was kind of hoping to house with tolkien." she whispers quietly, but kenny still hears. the (barely) suggestive implication of her statement causes him to raise his eyebrows and smile. "okay nicholleee- i didn't know you were like that."

tolkien punches his arm and tells at him to shut up. wendy ignored them and continues. "that's fine. who wants to room with me, bebe, heidi and y/n now?" clyde raises his hand which she quickly shuts down. "butters? how about you?" he removes his focus from the window where he's stood upon hearing his name, turning to face wendy. "wellbuh- sure!" he stutters, caught off guard.

"alright, so. craig, tweek, and jimmy. where do you want to sleep?" wendy asks. craig looks around the booth before answering for all of them. "same house as tolkien." he answers and she writes it down. "that leaves clyde with team stan." she shows everyone her map and we all nod in agreement before going back to other conversation topics. "hey tolkien. why's your island have so many houses when there is only three of you?" kenny questions him, lightly nudging him to gain his attention.

"usually my parents bring some other family friends over or our extended family and they stay there." he shrugs and they delve into other subjects with occasional comments from other members at the table.

after a little bit butters wanders over and sits next to me at the booth so i talk to him instead of joining the other main conversation at hand, which was currently about how much money tolkien has. its a lot. "hey butters, what's your infatuation with the sea?" i ask him. "oh i don't know. i used to be scared of it but i just find it real calming now." he responds cheerfully (as he always is). "why were you scared of the ocean?" i question further. i understand tweeks apprehension to the waters, he's like that with everything. but i can't see butters being fearful of much.

"my mom tried to drown me when i was in fourth grade." he answers sweetly; completely unaffected by the content of his statement.

oh my god. "what the fuck? are you serious?" i did not expect anything even remotely close to an answer like that. i knew butters has some issues with his parents- but not like that! it's always crazy hearing about the insane things that happened to my friends when they were younger, because it's so rare that they bring them up. they don't like to talk about their childhood's much, but i guess i don't either. "i am serious as a fire. it's okay though." he shrugs and waits for a further response.

"butters. how is that okay?" how is he so chill about being drowned by his mother? i understand butters is an extremely forgiving person, but something like that deserves jail time. "well it's not like i died, right? why let the past affect me when there's a future?" he shrugs off his horrific comment without a care in the world. "i didn't know you had so much wisdom, butters. that's a great philosophy." jimmy adds, joining into our discussion.

"thanks! you know; i always felt like an old soul myself." butters responds proudly and re-positions his body in a way that invites both me and jimmy on the other side of the table to talk. "you know the best thing about being old?" jimmy queries with an inviting tone, wanting us to query in. "what?" me and butters ask in unison. "there's no peer pressure!" he exclaims.
butters kind of chuckles and i smile at his joke and he finds this to be an acceptable response. "great audience guys. thank you, thank you." he praises genuinely. his words make him sound satire, but that's rarely the case.

"how long have you been doing comedy?" i ask. his response is longer then i thought it would be, and his answer (with the occasional comments from butters) carries us to the end of the one hour ride.

"ladies and gentleman, thank you for sailing with newport-vineyard ferry company. please make your exit at the central doors and don't forget your luggage!" the voice over the intercom announces.

 please make your exit at the central doors and don't forget your luggage!" the voice over the intercom announces