𝐜𝐡. 𝟐 : 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧

𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 / 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬

the flight attendant directs me to my seat, right by the window, which i don't mind

the flight attendant directs me to my seat, right by the window, which i don't mind. the views from the sky are so beautiful. it's such a strange feeling to see the world from above, but it's so mesmerizing to watch the clouds i barely dwell on it.

the window seat also has another advantage, which is not having to be sandwiched in between two people. butters waves and begins walking up to me, which makes me smile and return his gesture. butters and i aren't very close, but i definetly prefer him to some of the other members of our party. he is stopped by craig before he can reach me though, and they have a conversation i can't quite make out over the ambience noise in the plane. they then exchange tickets and craig comes and sits by me.

"hope you don't mind me sitting here. i was assigned a seat next to fatty." he briefly explains and uses his thumb to gesture towards cartman a few aisles over, now sat next to poor butters. i don't feel too bad for him though, i'm pretty sure they're actually friends- as in butters likes hanging out with cartman genuinely.

after the flight attendants announce the safety precautions and we take-off, craig puts in his earbuds. i take this as a sign to not bother him. so i don't. not vocally atleast. i pull out my phone to ask him what he's listening to before putting on my own pair of airpods.

y: what are you listening to?
c: don't text me

he looks up from his phone and stares at me, not necessarily mean, but not in admiration either. i put my hands up in surrender and play some random phone games.

c: the smiths
y: did you know morrisey is a vegetarian?
c: skipping the song rn
y: what is your favorite smiths song?
c: none now

he doesn't text for a little bit after that.

c: this night has opened my eyes
y: good choice 😜
c: what's yours
y: i think cemetery gates
c: k

i take his dry response as a sign to stop texting again, and the stupid customer on my game got mad at me for my pizza-making skills, so i switch to netflix and watch a movie instead. after scrolling through the app for what seems like forever, i settle on how to lose a guy in 10 days.

a couple minutes after the movie starts i get another text from craig.

c: what are you watching
y: a movie
c: what are you watching
y: how to lose a guy in 10 days
c: is it good
y: yessss i love this movie!!
c: okay

he takes out his earbuds and taps on my shoulder. "can i watch too?" he asks quietly.
i'm a little surprised that craig is sociable today (or more so, willing to entertain me conversating with him) but i don't mind. "just so you know it's a rom-com." i tell him as i hand him my left airpod and stand my phone on the tray table. i hate when men are like 'ew, a romance movie? gross!' like how about you grow up? but craig just simply states, "okay," and moves on.