Chapter 43: "I do love you"!

Todoroki POV:
The moment we were back in our room I immediately made Bakugo loose his soaked clothes and forced him into the with hot water filled bathtub. Once he was inside I started washing the dirty rainwater out of his hair. His skin was ice cold and he was shaking. That idiot! Why was he outside in that kind of weather? He should have been back at least an hour ago. Even I ,who had stayed inside could spot the huge black storm clouds way before they arrived. Now he's going to be sick!

As soon as he was all cleaned up and his skin didn't feel like it came fresh out of the freezer anymore I dried him off and got him some cozy clothes. I wrapped him into multiple blankets so that he looked like a burrito and condemned him to bed rest. He tried to complain but I wouldn't listen. "You idiot." I said quietly and he shut up. "Aren't you cold as well?" He asked. I turned around and looked at him. Bakugo looked so cozy. I slightly smiled but stayed quiet. Then after a few minutes had passed I said: "I was scared". "I know, sorry." He answered. "That's not what I meant." "Hm?" "I was scared you had left..." Bakugo looked at me incomprehensive. "What do you mean?" He said while slowly sitting up. I starred at the floor and said nothing. "Sho?" I felt my hands shaking so I held onto my clothes to make them stop. "Shoto?!" "I-I don't know ok..." Bakugo stared at me expectant. I knew he wouldn't let off. "You left while I was still asleep..." I began. "I was hurt by the way you treated me recently... but I thought-." A tear ran down my cheek. "I thought you might had gotten sick of me. I don't know ... It's just ... you were gone so long and then the storm started and you still weren't back and I wondered if you might have gotten sick of all of me and just left because-"

"Sho!" I flinched. "I won't go anywhere. You hear me? I will be here for as long as you need me and if at some point you realise you don't anymore, I will be right here waiting for you. Waiting until you need arms to carry you on because your legs got tired, a chest to cry into because you had another nightmare. I'll wait until you get hungry so I can give you the last piece of my bread. I'll wait until you get bored, until you get scared or frustrated. Until you need to share good news with someone or have the feeling no one is listening to what you have to say. I'll stay by your side. Nothing will ever change that. You and Deku are by far the most important people in my live. No matter how often we fight, no matter how much you piss me off nothing will ever change how much I love both of you! I won't leave. Won't go anywhere. Not in a thousand years!" Bakugo stood up and wrapped me into his arms. "And I am so sorry for hurting you with what I said and the way I treaded you. I am sorry for making you worry and feel lonely or like I don't care. I'm sorry for struggling to express myself or not saying what I think. *chuckle* Especially the good things. Like: 'I love you!'. Because I do. I love you Shoto! And believe me when I say that I have never been this scared to loose two people who stumbled into my live one day and decided to stay. I am terrified. But even more than that: I love you!"

His left arm was tightly wrapped around my waist while his right held my head gently to his chest. I could hear his heart pounding like crazy. I could feel the tips of his fingers fidgeting with my hair. I could see his shaking lips. And as I buried my face into his chest I smelled a slight scent similar to burned caramel. His hand started to hesitantly move from the back of my head all the way to my right ear. As I straightened up I could see right into his unsure eye. His hand moved further over my cheek until his thumb reached my chin. As he placed his finger right under my bottom lip he followed it with his eyes as if it were moving on its own. Once he had locked his gaze back into my eyes he slowly moved forward. I could feel my breathing becoming more and more uneven as the tip of his nose touched mine. He was so close. It felt like eternity. Like he stared into my eyes for hours. Like it took days for his hand to move in place. But it didn't feel like it was taking too long. I wanted this moment to last forever. I wanted him to look at me for the rest of his live. And as I made my wish to stay like this until our end would come he slightly turned his head and kissed me.

I had kissed Bakugo before. I had hugged him before and it wasn't the first time I was so close to him. But this was different. His lips had never touched mine like this. It felt similar to our first kiss and at the same time entirely different. In a good way. It felt genuine and real. It felt passionate and so filled with emotions. Till this day I'm not sure what it was. What made it so special. If it was his earlier said words or his warm tongue tasting like nothing and everything. I just know that the salty tear running down his cheek meant so much to me.

Extra!
*Earlier that day*
While Bakugo had been out and about I decided to check up on Izuku because I got worried about him not coming back to our room for so long. It didnt take long until I found Terry. After he had scolded me for fighting in front of Izuku Terry told me that Izuku needed some time on his own but as soon as both Bakugo and I were ready to apologise we could find him in room 248.

*Back to later that same day*
After I had convinced Bakugo to teach me how to kiss someone like that I excitedly tip toed over to room 248. Bakugo right behind me, so embarrassed he mumbled angry curses while his face was as read as a strawberry. I quickly knocked and in the next moment already had my head inside the room. "Shoto?!". Izuku was sitting on a bed with an open book in his hand. "Hey Zuku can I show you something-?" Bakugo pushed me into the room "Kacchan?!" "What did I tell you? No Introduction or teasing or explaining just do it already!" He reminded me. "Right!" I grinned brightly as I quickly walked over to the extremely confused Izuku and gave him one of those super passionate kisses. His eyes were wider opened than ever before and his face looked like a cherry. Bakugo must have thought so too because once I was done he walked over to us and bit into Izuku's dark red cheek.

To be continued ...