Chapter 39: Highland Meadows!

Midoriya POV:
I dozed off. When I woke back up the water was cold. The only thing keeping me from shivering were Kacchan and Shoto who I was sandwiched in between. I stroked over Shotos hair and he slowly opened his tired eyes. "Everything ok?" He asked. "I'm fine" I answered and he gave me a slight smile. We stayed in the bathtub for a little bit longer until Kacchan had also woken up. He helped me out and Shoto changed my bandages.

"Hey nerd, you wanna have a look around the town?" Kacchan asked me once we were done dressing. "I've never seen it so I would enjoy that!" I answered excitedly. "I'll carry you" he added. "Are you sure that's such a good idea?" Shoto wondered. "Why wouldn't it be?" Kacchan argued. "Well, even though you are the one who got hurt the least I still don't think you should be carrying Izuku around so much. You need your rest as well-" "Hah?! Do you think I'm too weak or something?! I rested enough!" Shoto gave him a warning look. The kind of look my mom gave me when I stayed up all night watching TV because All Might had saved another citizen. "Don't look at me like that!" Kacchan shouted. "And what might be going on in here?" Terry peaked through the slightly open door. "Oh, Hey Terry!" I happily greeted him. "Good morning dear!" "Not that creep again" Shoto rammed his elbow into Kacchan ribs. Then he bowed down "Thank you again for all you've done!" He said. "Oh please, it was nothing. I'm just glad you boys are doing better. I was quite worried after you were out for three days. So, is there anything I could help you with?" "Maybe there is." I responded. "Out with it, sweetie" "We would like to take a look around Highland Meadows but I can't walk, Shoto has still some broken ribs and Kacchan hasn't recovered enough to carry me-" "Don't talk bullshit! I can damn well carry you!" Kacchan interrupted me. "Ah I think I see what the problem is. But don't worry your adorable little broccoli head. How about you guys go downstairs and have some lunch and I'll organise a cart big enough to fit all three of you. I could even give you a little tour while pushing you. After all you risked so much to see our beautiful town haven't you?" "That would be great! Thanks Terry!" "No worry's sweetie." "I ain't getting in a god damn cart!" Kacchan said quite loudly. "Well then you walk." Terry said in a sassy tone with one of his eyebrows raised high before leaving the room. "Tsk"

Todoroki POV:
We all shoved the food into our mouths as if we haven't had food in days. Wich was technically the truth. Once we were done Terry gave us a tour of Highland Meadows just as promised. The entire land consisted of huge fields and some small houses between them. It was way quieter, calmer and more relaxing then it was in Silverbrook. Perfect for us to recover. After some time we reached a cliff wich gave us a breathtaking view of the surrounding lands. We took a break there. Izuku used the opportunity to asked Terry about Silverbrook village.
Izuku: "Em Terry?"
Terry: "Yes dear."
Izuku: "May I ask you a question?"
Terry: "I'm even allowing you to a third one. What's up?"
Izuku: "You know Silverbrook village right?"
Terry: "Of course I do, what about it?"
Izuku: "A couple years back you selled goods to them right?"
Terry: "Hm, yeah. But it has been quite some time since then. You three come from there don't you?"
Izuku: "Not exactly. You could say we came out of the woods."
Terry: "Aha. So, what about Silverbrook?"
Izuku: "We were just interested in the details of why you stoped delivering them resources. Is it because of the difficult path?"
Terry: "You know, a couple years back there was a huge earthquake which destroyed the way down. At first we tried to rebuild it. But it was practically impossible. We didn't have enough resources or men power. And over the years the state of those stairs just got worse."
Izuku: "But isn't there anything you can do? The people you used to sell to are suffering from hunger and poverty because they are dependant on your resources."
Terry: "I'm sorry sweetie but I'm not sure there is. The old path has become irreparable. Unless we find a new path there is just no way."
Izuku: "And? Have you looked for other paths?"
Terry went quiet. "Listen Broccoli. It is excessively unlikely we will be able to find a new pathway down. All you have to do is take a look around the cliff on Silverbrook's side. The only way you will be able to help them now is if you find another land village like ours at the bottom of the cliff it lays in. One wo isn't too far away and willing to deliver resources for money. Otherwise there won't be anything left to do but ask the delivery village from the woods who is already delivering to a part of Silverbrook. It is unlikely they will have enough resources to supply the entire town but you could try." "And there is no way-" "No Broccoli. I'm sorry, there is just no way we will be able to be the ones helping that village." Terry was visible upset about that fact. "Believe me I tried everything I could. And that was in times where the situation wasn't so desperate. Nowadays it's hopeless." "I see." Izuku responded disappointed but understanding. "Well now, It's getting late. Let's head back. You three can stay at my hospital for as long as you need to. And don't worry I of course won't charge such youngsters like you." We thanked Terry for his gratitude and headed back.

Once we arrived we had some food and soon went back to our room. "So, what's the plan now?" Bakugo asked. "I don't know." Izuku responded. "It's quite easy really. Are we continuing to help that stupid village or not?" "Wait ... does that mean-?" "Yeah, Yeah. If you ask me I'm up to helping them. We've already started it and how shitty hair would say: 'It wouldn't be very manly to back out now'. It won't make a huge difference whether we help them or not. Who knows how long we will be stuck in here. A couple days more or less won't make the bomb explode". "Oh, how metaphorically you speak my good sir" I teased him. Kacchan immediately picked me up and threw me onto the bed. Then he started throwing as many pillows as he could find at me. Only when I started to laugh in pain because of my ribs he stoped. Izuku chuckled as he watches us play fight. Once we were done he asked: "And you Shoto? What do you think?" I paused for a minute to think about it. "Well I guess we could look for another village near Silverbrook-" before Izuku could get too excited I added: "BUT considering it is unlikely the wood delivery village will be of any help I don't want to go back there. It would be a huge set back for our journey plus we shouldn't waste too much time on this task. Terry did say they most likely won't have enough resources anyway." "Thank you both!" Izukus smile was beaming with joy as he jumped towards us and hugged our necks. Kacchan let out an annoyed grunt but was slightly smiling anyway.

To be continued ...