Chapter 20: A bed to sleep in!

Bakugo POV:
It was slowly getting dark. After we found out that one meal is about 23 Silver each without drinks it was clear that we were lacking a lot of money. We currently had 3 Gold wich was 30 Silver. I payed a lot of attention to prices and the way people handle money here. What I had found out was that most people pay with silver and Copper.
By now I am pretty sure copper is being uses similar to cents. It exists so people can say 2 silver and 9 Copper instead of 3 Silver because it sounds cheaper.
Gold is being used by rich. So if you try to pay with it the seller will probable make it more expensive because they think you have a lot of money.
Either way we had walked through streets trying to sell the garbage we carried around with us for hours by now. I thought it was pretty useless because there was no way we would be able to sell it for enough money if even for anything. But we didn't have much of a choice. Somehow we had to find a cheap place to sleep today because non of us wanted to go back into the woods and sleep even one more night on the hard ground just to be woken up by insects crawling into your clothes.

We got more tired every minute. Our bones started hurting more each step. And the tension among us got more intense by the second. That's why it didn't surprise me when we finally started lashing out at each other due to all the exhaustion pilling up.
We ended up splitting the money one Gold each and decided to all go our separate way for now. It was easier finding a place to sleep if we didn't have to worry about each other. At first the others were hesitant but agreed once we promised to meet back up tomorrow right here . It was hard saying a time considering we didn't have watches so we said to be back by sun fall. This way we could try to earn some money over the day and regroup well rested.

Todoroki POV:
After we split up the Gold all of us went their separate way. The first thing I did was try to change my 1 Gold into 10 Silver. For that I went up to the near by stalls filled with vegetables and bread. A woman in a red dress and white apron smiled sweetly as she handed me the 10 Silver. I thanked and as I was leaving she quickly called me back. "Young man don't you have a money bag. You risk loosing it if you don't store your money properly." As I shook my head she started rummaging through a bag under her stand. A few seconds later she held a small, dark red, leather purse in my direction. "Here son. These days we have to keep a good eye on our money." I bowed with gratitude and stored the coins in my new purse.
It felt weird how kind she was to me. The Spectator said before that we were the only real humans here, right? So why does he create a world with people kind and heartwarming if their purpose is to make us slip up and make a mistake great enough for a reason to kill us off. It felt weird how everyone just lives their lives not wondering were we came from or what we want here. They interact with us as if we were one of them but don't they know we aren't from here? This place felt weird and all of a sudden I got unsure about us splitting up.

I got off the main road again and entered one of the smaller streets. As I strayed along the tall buildings a queasy feeling started to brew up in my belly. I started to get really dizzy and stumbled from one house wall to the next atempting to find hold. My knees got weeker and I slid to the ground. It felt like cold hands grabbed my shoulders and a familiar voice whispered in my ear: "This time I've got you". The street got dark and I finally fell unconscious to the ground.

A barkeepers POV:
I had a long day behind me. The last couple of customers started to slowly leave the "Thirsty Griffin Pub". Some started a fuss because they were to drunk to realise the prize they had to pay was more then fair and the only reason it was so much gold was because they drank that much bear. A couple of chairs and glasses broke in the process but they ended up paying anyway.
I was relieved when the last costumer finally left and I could change the sign to "we are closed". I started to collect the broken wood and Glas, wiped off all the tables and the counter and sweaped the floor. At last I cleaned all the dishes and finished off by grabbing the trash bag and the bucked with dirty water. I left through the back entrance and emptied the bucket on the street. At last I threw the garbage bag into the large bin that was placed between a few inns. As I was on my way back in I spotted a young man laying on the side of the narrow path leading to the back of my pub. I just ignored him because it isn't unusual for homeless villagers to find a place to sleep in one of the dark alleys. As soon as I was back inside I locked the door and took the stairs leading to my apartment. I took a last glimpse outside the window. The Boy was still laying there. For a homeless person his clothes looked pretty well made. His backpack also looked pretty full. I hesitated. At last I decided to go back down. The small bell rang as I stepped outside. I slowly kneeled down next to him and tried to turn him around "Hey! You still breathing?" His skin was cold but he was still sweating. He wouldn't respond to anything I said or did. I sighed. I really didn't have the money or time to take care of a second person and even less for a sick one. But he seamed to be quite young. He also seemed to have traveled far depending on his equipment. I looked around. No one else was walking through these parts wich means I wasn't able to let someone else take care of it either. "Alright, alright.." I picked up his backpack and brought it inside the bar. Then I picked up the boy and carried him up my stairs and layer him down on my old sofa.

I striped him down to a shirt and socks, washed his arms legs and face with a wet towel and tucked him in my bed. Oh dear what have I gotten myself into this time?
I picked up his stuff wich was spread all over the floor by now and threw his clothes into the big tub in my Bathroom. "Once he wakes up he can clean them himself" I thought and placed his shoes and bag next to the door. "Seems like I won't be sleeping in my bed tonight *sigh*"

To be continued ...