Chapter 12: "I'll hold you in my arms"!

Midoriya POV:
I held him in my arms while the thick red liquid spread all over my clothes, my hands and the ground.
"Ka-Kacchan?" My voice was shaking. He slowly opened his eyes. As he saw me he grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me down to him. His lips right next to my ear as he whispered: "It's time you take care of that Half 'n' Half bastard." I raised my head a little to be able to see his face. A tear was rolling down his cheek. "Wha..?" I answered "Y-You cant to it. You cant leave us! What are we suppose to do without you? You are our protector. We cant do this on our own. Not without you! Don't dare...!" He swiped away the tears running down my face leaving a red stain. "Don't worry you're smart. I am sure you will find a way." He said nearly whispering. It all felt so unreal. His voice so vulnerable. His words so kind. His breath so calm. And his heart so quiet. He smiled. I could hear that the next words were very hard for him to say: "I...I love... you..." And those were the last before he slowly closed his eyes agin. "No... Please don't go..."
As I looked up to search for help I could see Todoroki running towards us. "H-Hey Kacchan? ... Could you do me a huge favour? ... please stay awake for only a bit longer?" I asked. Then I pointed towards Todoroki. "Look who is coming. Let him at least talk to you one last time, ok?" Kacchan opened his eyes again. I was so relieved.

Todoroki just stood there. His eyes wide open. Starring at all this blood. "C'mon, let's go." He said. "Stand up. If we stay any longer they will catch up to us soon." Didn't he realise what was going on? Was he in some kind of shock or something? I looked at him. His eyes looked like they were slowly filling with tears. He knew exactly what was happening. He suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me back up on my feet. Then he kneeled down and gently picked up Kacchan and held him close to his chest. "Go on Izuku. We are right behind you." Todoroki said. I didn't know what exactly his plan was. It was obvious that Kacchan had seconds at most minutes left considering how much blood he lost. But still I nodded and started running.

No ones POV:
As soon as Todoroki began to run Bakugo started to try fighting his way free. But he was way to weak and Todoroki held him way to tight. "Let go! Your faster without carrying me! I am not a baby or something! IcyHot let go!" His voice sounded angry. "Todoroki let go!" He wouldn't stop so Todoroki said nearly a bit too loud. "Shut up!" Tears finally made their way down his face. "I bet you said some embarrassing sobby stuff. You think you can get away with something like that so easily. In you dreams! I will make fun of you for the rest of your life. And when we get back I will tell the others too! You won't die today! Not as long as I am here you hear me!?" As tear drops rained down on him, Bakugo stoped fighting back and closed his eyes to rest after all that exhaustion. He would never admit it but in that moment a little smile hushed over his lips.

Midoriya POV:
My hole body was aching and I struggled to run in a straight line but then there was Todoroki who probable felt the same and he still carried Kacchan. While trying to avoid running into the trees ahead I oversaw a root coming out of the ground and tripped over it. I fell to the hard ground and as I tried to stand back up my muscles and bones started screaming for help. "Midoriya! Are you ok? C'mon you have to stand back up they will catch up soon. I know you must be incredible tired and if I could I'd carry both of you but I cant. So please stand back up!" I gathered all my remaining strength and got back up. It wasn't much further! I had to keep going! And as if the gods had heard my prayers I saw the little cabin appear in the distance.

I loked the door behind Todoroki who directly ran up the stairs and in the bathroom. "Quick Midoriya, search for a first aid kid as well as something that contains alcohol!" His wish was my command and I started searching through the stuff laying around not minding the mess I left behind. Loud hammering came from the door. They were here. Todoroki never said who but my body froze sat merely imagining what was on the other side of that wooden door. Then it suddenly stoped.

Todoroki held Kacchan gently in his arm as he carefully cleaned his wounds with a wet towel. Kacchan had a huge stab wound in the chest as well as bruises and scratches all over his body. "Here!" I held a red first aid kit as well as a bottle of rum in my hands. Todoroki looked up. "Great. Thank you! Could you look for a needle and thread as well, please?" he asked. "What are you going to do with that?" "Bandages won't be enough to stop the bleeding. I know I don't have the experience for something like this and I never sowed before either, but I can't think of another way to stop the bleeding. And if we don't his Puls is going to get even weaker and well loose him." He was right we had to try everything we could. I ran back down the stairs. It didn't take long and I found a cookie box containing various kinds of needles and threads.
We laid Kacchans head on a pillow on the bathroom floor. After removing his shirt completely I used a bit of the alcohol to disinfect his stab wound. Todoroki held a thin needle in his hand as he moved closer to Kacchans chest. I couldn't help but notice his shaking hands. I grabbed them and as he looked up our eyes met. "Take a deep breath. You can do this! Don't worry he probable won't feel a thing. As soon as you feel like you can't do it I'll jump in and help you okay?" He took a deep breath and his hands calmed down a little bit. I didn't had to help one time. He did a really good job and once he was done I bandaged Kacchans wounds up. Then Todoroki and I carried the mattress back up and placed Kacchan in the bed.
The next couple of days we cleaned his wounds and replaced his bandages daily. We always kept a close eye on him and prayed he would wake up soon. It took him thirteen day. Nearly two freaking weeks full of worrying and caring until he finally woke up.

Bakugo POV:
Every single muscle and bone in my body hurt like hell. Especially my chest! I was so exhausted and tired as I slowly opened my eyes. I was laying in the Bedroom of the little cabin on my right side. The first thing I saw when woke up was that Half 'n' half's stupid face. He was laying right in front of me. He was actually really close. His arms were raped around me like I was his stuffed teddy bear. I looked behind me just to find out it was Deku hugging me from behind. Both of them were fast asleep. The way they held me felt somewhat warm and I felt protected like nothing in the world would be able to hurt me while I was here. With all these pillows and blankets wrapped around me and their warm breath's on my neck and forehead I felt so comfortable. A part of me wanted to push them away and ask what in gods name they thought they were doing. But I couldn't. This feeling. I wanted to hold on to it just a little bit longer. I smiled as I realised how blessed I was with both of them. I ignored my rumbling belly and closed my eyes again. And before I fell back into my dreams a thought crossed my mind I never expected to have thoughts like that I guess a lot of my feelings and thoughts in the last couple of days were new and unexpected. But not necessarily in a ad way...

I wish this would last for ever or at least happen again and again. Over and over. Every night...

...and maybe even day. This and more.

To be continued ...