Chapter 36 - The End of Upper Moon Two

Yuki charged forward toward Douma, her speed now much quicker than before with her demon powers now on full display. She charged toward him, her eyes filled with a murderous bloodlust as she went in for a first attack after freeing herself. Her attacks were powerful, making Douma surprised by her sudden burst of power.

Yuki got many hits in on Douma, deeply cutting into his demonic flesh which caught him off guard. He jumped back, sliding across the ground and using his fan to stop him from sliding any further, "What the hell?! Where did this strength come from all of a sudden?! You weren't this strong before!" he sneered, glaring at the Hashira standing before him.

Yuki was glaring right back at him, quickly charging at him again to get another strike. Douma managed to block it, but Yuki was pushing against his fans hard with her own blades, "I won't let you get away with killing Shinobu!" she screamed, pushing against him with overwhelming strength.

Douma pushed her back, blasting ice out toward her to try and get her away, "You really are annoying... Getting so strong out of nowhere.... I should have tried to kill you first!"

Yuki scoffed, slashing through his ice with ease, before shooting off some ice herself from her blades, "You're a fool! You are the one who brought this upon yourself by Killing Shinobu! Now I'll make sure you die!" she shouts, charging toward Douma again, trying to slash his neck.

The two of them fought one on one for quite a while, but Yuki had started to slow down her attacks, noticing that her powers were starting to fade as the adrenaline started wearing off. She knew that she could lose control at any minute. She went in to try and attack him again, but her attempt was cut short when she felt that same demonic urge from that day Kibutsuji tried to control her. She dropped to the ground, clutching her head and trying to resist the demonic side as hard as she could.

Douma was surprised, but laughed as he took a few steps forward toward Yuki, beginning to taunt her, "Oh, what's the matter...? Is your demonic urge trying to take over...? Maybe it wouldn;t be such a bad thing my dear... then Lord Muzan could get that information you've been holding onto dearly..." he got up to her, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look up at him, wanting to see the desperation in her eyes.

"N-No... I-I'll never succumb to Kibutsuji's power..." she said, pulling her chin away, still trying to resist the urge.

Douma scoffed, taking a step back before smiling, "Fine... Then I guess I'll just have to finish you off like your friend... Oh well... it was fun while it lasted..."

Douma went to go for a finishing blow on Yuki, but his strike was blocked. Yuki was confused as to how, and when she looked up, she saw that Inosuke was the one blocking Douma's strike, "Ha! You really think I'm just gonna let you kill Snowcone?!" He yelled, pushing Douma's strike back and starting to battle the Upper Moon.

Yuki was watching Inosuke fighting, but the demonic urge was still trying to take over her mind and body. She was really struggling, but before she could let it get out of control, she felt a gentle hand get rested on her shoulder, before hearing a soft voice, "Don't worry, I have some of your medicine. Hold still for a moment," she quickly gave Yuki a dose of her medicine, waiting for it to take effect before letting go of Yuki's shoulder.

It took a few minutes, but the feeling finally went away. Yuki let out a sigh of relief, now feeling the soreness from everything, "Thank you..." she said, her voice now back to normal.

"You're welcome. Are you feeling ok now?" she asks, kneeling down and checking on Yuki's condition.

"Physically, I'm fine... Emotionally... not so much..."