Chapter 18 - A Mission Together

About a month had passed since Yuki and Kyojuro had started dating. They were happy to spend time with each other when they had spare time. In that short amount of time, they had gone on a few dates to try and get away from the chaos.

Kyojuro had gotten called for a mission, which saddened Yuki. The two said their goodbyes before Kyojuro had left. The next day after Kyojuro had left, Yuki had gotten called for a mission as well. She was told she was going to be backup for another demon slayer.

Her crow told her about a train where many people had gone missing, including some lower ranking slayers. Yuki had grown very concerned hearing that, quickly gathering her things and heading off to the mission immediately.

When she had arrived, she was met with a young slayer who had run up to her, "Lady Sunofureku! What a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting the Master to send another Hashira though."

Yuki looked at the young boy in surprise, "What? There's another Hashira here already?"

The slayer was confused as well, "Yeah. Did the Master not inform you about who was here prior?"

"No, he didn't. The only thing I was told was I was going to be backup for another slayer, so when you ran up to me, I assumed it was you."

"I see. Were you at least informed about what has been going on here?"

"Yes I have. I know about all of the disappearances of the train passengers, as well as the lower ranking slayers, so that's why I thought I was called."

"I understand. I'll take you to him then so the two of you can come up with a plan."

The slayer guided Yuki to the train station where the Mugen Train had been stopping at. The two walked up to the other Hashira, and Yuki instantly recognized the fiery hair, "Lord Rengoku! The other slayer you requested has arrived, but they ended up sending another Hashira to aid you."

"Hm? I hadn't requested for a Hashira though, only a normal slay-" He stopped himself mid-sentence looking at the slayer he was sent in disbelief, "Yuki?"

"Kyojuro? This is the mission Master sent you on?" She questioned, looking at him with a stunned expression.

"Yes it was. I had requested aid from another slayer, but I wasn't expecting the Master to send you."

"Well, if that's the case, can you both give me a rundown of what has already happened here?"

"Well, from what we've been able to gather so far, Lord Rengoku and I had managed to kill one of the demons on the train, however the Mugen Train is supposed to be back in service tonight."

"Indeed. I plan to board the train tonight, because I suspect there is another demon on the train itself while it's on the tracks. The only reason I requested the assistance is because I suspect the demon to be a lot stronger than the one we killed at the station last night."

Yuki nodded, digesting all the information she was given. She turned her gaze to the young slayer and asked, "I understand why you would want more help, Kyojuro but why ask for it when you have another demon slayer here already?"

"I thought it would be best if another slayer were to assist, since I am still fairly new. If the demon is stronger than the previous, and even a Twelve Kizuki, it would be better if more experienced slayers were to handle it."

Yuki nodded, "I understand. I'm happy to help the best I can," She turned back to Kyojuro, "What time is the train supposed to depart tonight?"

"It's scheduled to start boarding at 7pm tonight, so I suspect it will leave around 7:30."