Chapter 14 - Determining Fate

"Guys, do you mind if Yuki and I step aside for a moment? There's an injury I want to check one last time before we arrive at Headquarters," Shinobu asked, looking at the Kakushi members carrying Tanjiro.

"Go ahead Lady Kocho. We are going to continue onwards though so we can make it a little after sunrise."

"Go ahead. Keep going for now, and we will catch up in a few minutes. Tomioka, will you stay with us? I don't want us to possibly get ambushed by a demon."

"Sure. I'll keep watch for the two of you while you look at her injury." He spoke, staying close to the path.

Shinobu guided Yuki away from the trail, staying fairly close, but far enough from wandering eyes.

Yuki pulled away from Shinobu, her face filled with annoyance, "What is going on Shinobu? You told me hours ago that I didn't have any injuries because of my regeneration, so why are you saying I have one now?"

Shinobu was caught off guard by her sudden outburst, but understood why she would be upset, "I know I told you that, but I want to bandage up your arm. I don't want the other Hashira to notice it."

"What are you talking about Shinobu? My arm feels fine!"

Shinobu sighed, "Unbutton your shirt for me then. I'll show you what I'm talking about"

Yuki sighed as well, unbuttoning her top to pull her uniform off her left ar,. She looked at it, her eyes widening in fear seeing it. The same markings on her face were now covering almost the entirety of her arm,"Shinobu... how did this happen?"

"We believe it happened when you lost control earlier tonight. More of your power has manifested, so more of your body is becoming... demonic"

"I see... I understand why you want to cover it then."

"Good. Let's wrap it quickly then. If anyone asks, you got some deep cuts from a demon claw" Shinobu carefully and quickly wrapped her arm, making sure everything was covered on it.

Once Shinobu was finished, Yuki pulled her uniform back up, before she and Shinobu rejoined Giyu. They quickly caught up with the Kakushi, soon arriving at the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters.

Yuki, Giyu, and Shinobu went to the courtyard, quickly seeing many of the other Hashira there as well. As they walked in, many of them had glares that were being directed towards Giyu. Yuki felt bad, but she didn't dare to say anything. The tension in the air was palpable, but she walked over to stand next to Shinobu. She was worried about what would happen, but decided to keep quiet to let the other Hashira take the lead.

Yui took another glance around, noticing that Sanemi and Iguro were not there. She shrugged it off, thinking they were running behind. She held herself with confidence, but behind that mask she wore, the only thing she felt was fear and anxiety.

Tanjiro had been brought out by a Kakushi member in restraints, before they started yelling into Tanjiro's ear, "Hey! Get up! How long are you gonna sleep?! Get up already! You're in the presence of the Hashira!"

Tanjiro quickly snapped awake, his gaze falling upon the 7 Hashira who stood before him, "Hashira?! What is the 'Hashira'? Who are these people? Where... am I...?"

Yuki watched as Shinobu calmly stepped forward, taking the lead, "This is the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters. And you, Tanjiro Kamado, are about to be put on trial."

"There is no need for a trial!" Rengoku shouted, "Protecting a demon is clearly against Corps rules! Let's just lop his head off along with the demon's!"