Chapter 56

"You alright brat?" whitebeard asked.

Slowly looking she saw the giant of the man. She couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated by him. "Yeah, just out of breath."

She continued to pant. "Thanks... for the save."

"I should be thanking you, if you and your crew had not intervened then my son would have been killed."

"You're welcome, but I didn't do if for you or your crew."

"You did for Straw Hat?"

"Yeah." Leah said, staring up at him. "He's, my brother."

Whitebeard then starts to laugh. "Regardless, thank you, now let this old man take care of the rest."

The emperor walked forward and past Leah and faced the oncoming marines. "Now go!"

Leah nodded and ran towards her ship. Whitebeard stared at his enemies. "Now that my son has been rescued, I will take you all on as my children make their escape."

He raised his weapon, high up in the air and swung it down unleashing an earthquake at the marines sending them flying into the air. He unleashed attack after attack only to stop once he sensed Aokiji and Kizaru approaching for an attack. The emperor swung his weapon, forcing the two to move away.

Kizaru was high in the air and launched a series of light beams moving rapidly at whitebeard. The beams hit Whitebeard, staggering him back. The emperor then felt ice creeping up his body.

"Pops!" He heard his crew scream.

He looked over to see his family run over towards him. Using his power he raised a large wall from the ground, creating a large fissure stopping the pirates from giving their captain assistance.

"We accomplished our task, now my children I ask that you retreat without me."

"We can't do that!"

"Pops come on!" His crew yelled.

"I said go!" Whitebeard shouted authoritatively. "This will be my last stand."

"Father!" Ace shouted on the verge of tears.

"Go my children." The emperor said as a tear ran down his face as he continued to fight the marines.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Akainu was underground ready to rise up and kill his target.

To be continued...

Thank you all for your patience. Work has been busy and so it's slow moving on the writing. Hope you all are doing well. Please leave a comment and hit the star button.