Chapter 37

In fleet admiral Sengoku's office, Sengoku was staring at Admiral Akainu in complete disbelief at what he was just told. Akainu had his eyes closed in frustration at the news he received a couple of hours ago. Admiral Aokiji was sitting on a chair leaning forward looking ready to fall asleep. Admiral Kizaru just looked to be in outer space.

"Let me get this straight we lost our Reverse Mountain base to one small pirate crew." Sengoku shouted incredulously, as his goat stared obliviously in front of him.

"To be fair Fleet Admiral, if the rumors about her relations are true..." Aokiji spoke up.

"Regardless the World Economy News Paper is running the story on the bases fall." Kizaru stated. "Plans will have to be abandoned for the other bases that were in development."

Sengoku rubbed his eyes in frustration, taking his glasses off. "Any news on the pirates responsible?"

"They escaped before the ships arrived and our battle ships are not built to handle the trek up Reverse Mountain." Aokiji stated.

"Regardless those pirates will be dealt with." Akainu said. "Their bounties are being increased as we speak."

"I guess that's something."

In the Grandline, the crew were docked by a lighthouse on Reverse Mountain staring at the large whale. The whale cried happily and looked to be smiling. Their crew was just relaxing after their encounter with the marines.

Focusing on the whale, most of the crew didn't think that any of the crew didn't think that anyone lived in the lighthouse until the door was kicked open and an older gray-haired individual in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts walked outside with an intense glare. Each step the stranger took the crew thought they heard loud bangs with each one. The intense look never leaving his eyes even when he pulled out a lawn char and flattened it out.

Suddenly his intense glare stopped as he flopped on the chair and started reading the day's newspaper. The crew, minus Leah, just dropped their jaws. Leah started laughing at the situation.

"Are you going to say anything!" Most of the crew shouted.

He looked towards the crew, the deep intensity in his eyes returned. All but one tensed up at the stare as they felt 8 other bangs in their heads. Weapons ready to be drawn when the man put the paper down.

"Is there any reason to?" He answered.

Leah still laughing slowly stood up. "Sorry for the intrusion sir, we noticed the giant whale, so we decided to stop here to watch it while we recuperate from our encounter with the marines."

"As long as you don't do anything to Laboon." The old man told her. "My name is Crocus, I am the keeper of the light house."

"Laboon." Annie said quietly.

"I think that's the whales name." Andy said.

"It is." Crocus confirmed.

"Nice, I'm Leah captain of my crew." She introduced. "That was a funny gag earlier."

"That was a gag!" The crew shouted.

"You remind me of someone I knew." Crocus said before reading the front page. "Your fight with the marines on the other side mountain woke me up couldn't you have fought for your live quietly."

"Blame it on the marines." Leah said nonchalantly.

"I guess, I was a pirate myself." He spoke. "There was this one Vice- Admiral who was loud and obnoxious, but then again so was my captain at the time."

"Neat." She said. "Can I ask about that mark on the whales nose?"

Crocus smiled slightly. "A pirate crew was here a week ago and got Laboon over there to be happy again."

"Did he have a straw hat?" Leah asked.

"Yeah, he did, how did you know?"

"Probably from the only thing I can identify on the painting on the whales nose." William stated pointing at it.

"Oh right." Crocus said reading his paper.

"So Luffy you made it." Leah quietly said to herself. "I can't wait to see you again Lu."

Crocus subtly stared at the captain. She seemed familiar to him reminding him of a red-haired brat that he sailed with when he was a pirate.

To be continued...

Thank you for reading. I may be dropping hints. Hope you all are doing well please leave a comment and hit the star button if you are enjoying the story.