Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4

Start from the beginning

'Maybe if I do, my friends will see that I can do important things, and then maybe they'll listen to me about the prophecy.'
She thought guiltily of Starflight and what he would think when he finally woke up and realized she wasn't there, taking care of him.

Then she thought of what her friends had said about her in the Obsidian Mirror, and she thought about Morrowseer's smug, evil face, and she thought of all the dragon in Pyrrhia waiting for the dragonets of destiny to save them.

'I'm doing this. Even if I have to fulfil the prophecy alone, I will.'
Sunny clambered up through the branches and lifted off, following the black dragons into the night sky.

* * *

It was easier to follow the NightWings that Sunny would have expected. Her sharp eyes could catch the movement of their small, silver underwing scales flashing against the sky, and they weren't make much effort to be quiet, either. Or maybe loud and flappy was how NightWings always flew.

They were also slower than Sunny and got tired more quickly, so she had to be careful not to pass them accidentally, especially during their frequent rest stops.

The sun was rising behind them when they reached the far edge of the rainforest where the jungle shifted into sparser forest and marshes, the outskirts of MudWing territory,

The Claws of the Clouds mountains stood out sharply above in the growing light like a line of jagged, broken teeth. Most of the mountains in the southern part of the range were not as tall as the ones in the north, where the SkyWings lived.
But there was one exception: Jade Mountain.

The second tallest mountain on the continent was easy to spot, and not just for its towering size. Sunny remembered the picture on the map of Pyrrhia they'd had underground. In reality the two crags at the top looked even more like sharp fangs sticking into the air. One of the scrolls had said that from certain approaches, the tip of the mountain looked exactly like the head of a snake, lunging out of the ground to attack the clouds. As far as Sunny could tell from the map, Speartip Crag was much bigger than Jade Mountain size in both height and width by a large amount.
(Side note: No, Jade Mountain is not going to be the petrified remains of a Dalamadur or a Laviente. I've already had that idea and it originally was going to be that, but I've changed my mind.)

'Jade Mountain.' Sunny frowned. Someone had said something recently about Jade Mountain. Something she needed to remember. 'What was it?'
Nothing came to her as the sun slowly lit up the mountain's fangs.

Sunny had been worrying all night about how she would hide from the NightWings in the daylight. They didn't seem to be watching behind them, but it would be hard to miss her golden scales once the sun was reflecting off them. She wished she had Glory's camouflage scales. Really, any of her friends' skills would be helpful, instead of her own total like of powers.

But as the sky grew pinker and brighter and then started shading from grey to blue, the three NightWings flew lower, their wings drooping, until finally they landed beside a small river.

Sunny kept her distance, choosing the tallest tree she could find and tucking herself among the branches, close to the truck. She fixed her eyes on where the NightWings had gone down and pricked her ears. She could hear they're distant muttering, with Fierceteeth the most distinct. It sounded as if they were planning to sleep for as much of the day as they could and then fly at dusk.
'They've been breathing volcanic ash and living on dying rotten scraps, probably for their whole lives,' Sunny thought. 'No wonder they're not exactly in great shape.'

After a while, the trees stopped rustling and the dragon voices fell silent. A few minutes later, one of them - Sunny guessed Strongwings - started snoring like a herd of congested hippos.