chapter 40

a/n: while i was editing this chapter Margaret by Lana was playing... when you know you know... 

As they sat in the car, the anger still simmering within her, Molly's frustration bubbled to the surface.

"I can't believe people like that have kids," she fumed, her voice laced with disbelief. "Why is it always the worst people on the planet that have the most kids? It's honestly embarrassing. How are they not embarrassed?"

Spencer listened intently, his heart swelling with an incredible amount of love for her. He was captivated by the fire in her eyes, the passion in her voice, and in that moment, he knew he had to ask her.

"Molly," he blurted out, his voice trembling slightly with nervousness. "Will you marry me?"

As Spencer's words hung in the air, Molly's mind raced with confusion. She turned to him, her brow furrowed in puzzlement.

"Spencer, you know I'll marry you," she replied, a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

Spencer took a deep breath, his gaze unwavering as he repeated the question, his tone earnest and sincere. "No, Molly. I mean now. Will you marry me now?"

Molly's eyes widened in surprise, her heart pounding in her chest as she processed his words.

"Now?" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with disbelief. "Spencer, are you insane? What about your family? Your team? Diana?" she stammered, her mind whirling with questions.

"And what about your family? They're not here either." Spencer asked softly.

Molly's heart skipped a beat at the question, her eyes meeting his with a mixture of sadness and longing. "I don't have a family," she admitted quietly. "I only have you and you know that."

"I love you more than anything, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me? And we don't need anyone else. Just you and me, together. And we can have a second wedding one day if you want."

Molly's mind raced as Spencer's question hung in the air, the weight of his words sinking in.

Could this really be happening? It all felt so sudden, yet at the same time, so right.

She looked into his eyes, seeing the love and vulnerability reflected in them. In that moment, all her doubts and fears melted away, leaving only the certainty that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.

"Yes," she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "Yes, Spencer! I'll marry you."

His face lit up with a mixture of joy and relief, his eyes shining with unshed tears. Without hesitation, he pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her close as if afraid she might disappear.

"I love you," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion.

"I love you too," she whispered into his shoulder.

Tears pricked at Molly's eyes as she returned his embrace, feeling a rush of overwhelming love and gratitude wash over her.

In the span of an hour, they found themselves seated in a quaint chapel, surrounded by the faint scent of aging wood and the soft echo of their footsteps.

Molly insisted they write their own vows. As she struggled with a pen and a piece of paper, Spencer sat quietly beside her, his gaze drifting thoughtfully as he composed his speech in his mind.

"You know, this would be a lot easier if I could just download your brain for a bit," Molly quipped, frowning at her paper.

Spencer chuckled softly, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "I don't know if you'd want all this chaos up there," he teased, tapping his temple with a finger.