𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ☆ 19

Start from the beginning

"The cup was a portkey," she found herself telling him. "Someone had bewitched it."

Being a auror, Rosalyn thought that Moody would've been interested in this, but he changed the subject. "What was it like?" He asked. "What was he like?"

"Who?" Rosalyn started to get very confused.

"The Dark Lord," said Moody, and Rosalyn winced as he let her arm go. He got up, and said. "What was it like, to stand in his presence?"

"I- I dunno," Rosalyn said. "It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams." She corrected herself, "into one of my nightmares."

She noticed, however, that Moody had started to choke, and his hands to shake. He retrieved his hip flask and drank from it, but there was nothing in it. It was empty.

But he seemed desperate for a drink, and, in hindsight, this was when Rosalyn should've realised that something was going on. He want through into his other room, in need of something that he can drink.

"Were there others?" He asked her. "In the graveyard were there others?"

Rosalyn was about to answer, but then she remembered something. Something that changed everything.

"I- I don't think I mentioned a graveyard, Professor."

Moody appeared in the doorway, appearing both worried and calm.

"Marvelous creatures, dragons, aren't they?" He said, in a very good imitation of Hagrid.

He limped forward, "Do you think that miserable oaf-"

"Don't you dare-" Rosalyn said, but it died in her throat.

Moody continued. "-Would've showed you the dragons in the woods if I hadn't suggested it?"

He searched through cupboards rapidly now, looking for something. "D'you think Cedric Diggory, would've told you to open the egg underwater if I hadn't told him first myself?" He growled at her, and Rosalyn shrank back, scared. "D'you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder-"

"Neville isn't-"

"-Could've provided you with gillyweed if I hadn't given him the book that lead him straight to it?"

"It was you from the beginning? You put my name in the goblet of fire? You bewitched Krum, but-" Rosalyn was so confused and scared, she couldn't even think straight.

"B-b-b-b-but," Moody jeered. "You won because I made it so, Potter, you ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done," he seized her arm, but not so gently. "The blood that runs through these veins runs in the veins of the Dark Lord." He licked his fingers, which had her blood on them.

He walked away from her, then turned round, eyes (magical and normal) dancing, fixed on her. "Imagine how he will reward me when he finds out I've done it, silenced the great Rosalyn Potter."

He raised his wand, but before he could get the spell out-

"Expelliarmus!"

Moody's office door burst open and in came Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape. Rosalyn looked at them in awe, itching to explain yet not saying a word.

Moody, meanwhile, had been blasted backwards into his chair, which rolled against the wall.

Dumbledore walked forward and held Moody, wand in his face. "Severus," He called, and Snape walked forward, carrying the exact same vial of veritaserum that he had shown Rosalyn a few weeks ago.

It felt like centuries ago.

Anyways, once the veritaserum was pointed down his throat, Moody choked and then Dumbledore yelled at him. "Can you hear me?"