Chapter 9

Y/n POV

I wake up after falling asleep on Rae's head to see her resting her head on my chest again. I smile at the sight and gently stroke her hair which was enough to wake her.

Rae: *sleepily* Morning...

Y/n: Sorry if I woke you.

Rae: It's fine. Your face is worth waking up for.

She pecks me on the lips before we both get up.

Y/n: Thought you would've gone home with Janet and Poki.

Rae: Decided I wanted to stay with you a bit longer. Coffee?

Y/n: It's my house so I'll make the coffee.

Rae: It's fine. I'll make some for us.

She walks into the kitchen to make some coffee but I forgot I keep the coffee on a high shelf so when she tries to reach it she looks over at me.

Y/n: Need an adult?

Rae: I am an adult! But could you get the coffee down... please?

I smile and walk over before reaching to the shelf and grabbing the coffee down before putting it on the bench.

Y/n: You sure you don't want me to make the coffee?

Rae: It's fine. I've got it.

I nod before grabbing some food for Dodge and putting it in his bowl. He hears the bowl filling from down the hallway before coming down and eating the food. I pat his back while he eats before standing up and walking into the kitchen just as Rae finished making the coffee. She hands me a cup before we both walk to the couch before sitting with each other and drinking the coffee.

Rae: *sip* Damn this stuff is good.

Y/n: Top of The Morning coffee. *sip* The stuff that kicks like a mule.

Rae: *giggle* You should make company slogans for them.

Y/n: Heh, I don't think I'd be good at that *sip*.

After a short while we both finish our coffee and put the cups in the sink.

Y/n: You want me to drive you home?

Rae: Yeah, the girls took the car back to the house.

We both walk outside and to my car. We both get inside and I start the car before driving out of my driveway and onto the open road. Rae decides to turn the radio on which had my song Bury The Light.

Y/n: *radio*
BURY THE LIGHT DEEP WITHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
CAST ASIDE THERE'S NO COMIN' HOOOOOOOOOOOOME
WE'RE BURNING CHAOS IN THE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND
DRIFTING IN THE OCEAN ALL ALOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

Rae: God why so aggressive?

Y/n: Vergil is the aggressive type. Plus this is my best song for the reason of Devil May Cry.

The song then goes onto my guitar solo which Rae seemed to jam with. When my song ended the radio producers decided to talk to each other about my song.

Radio Producer 1: Man, Y/n really broke the internet with that song.

Radio Producer 2: I know! I remember when it came out it just destroyed the YouTube algorithm.

Radio Producer 1: Didn't he also break records with that song?

Radio Producer 2: I'm pretty sure he broke the record for most listens in the first 24 hours. 250 million.

Radio Producer 1: Goddamn!

Radio Producer 3: *background* I hope he's single!

The other music producers laugh while Rae clings to my arm.