Chapter 6

Kim Jennie

"So, Kim Taehyung." Bonghee playfully elbowed me and wiggled her eyebrows.

I huffed. "Hardly. Taehyung has never liked me much."

Bonghee's sister, Bongcha, If i remember right, cut in. "Doesn't look that way to me."

"Why do you mean?"

Bongcha shrugged. "I've been around Taehyung enough since Bonghee started dating Junseo. I've seen him with women before, but he has never looked at anyone the way he looks at you."

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "And how does he look at me?"

"Like he wants to spend the rest of his life with you."

I could feel my face drop. I was expecting her to say like he wants to fuck me. Spend the rest of his life with me was something entirely different. She must be mistaken. She probably didn't know our past and how much the guy despised me. Okay, despite is probably too strong of a word. He definitely didn't care to be around me, though.

"Will you leave the poor girl alone?" Bonghee came to my rescue. "She dated Junseo most of high school. That would just be too weird, right?"

"Right." I agreed, but even I could tell that I wasn't convincing.

I could see the questioning look in Bonghee's eyes, but thankfully, the guys saved me.

"We have shots!" Junseo appeared with a tray of shot glasses.

"Why are they all different?" I watched as he set the tray on the table.

"Because they are all mystery shots." He started handing them out as he spoke. "For the most part, they all tasted good. There are a couple that are nasty, though."

As everyone looked over the shots, i dreaded picking the wrong one. I was never a big shot taker. So the idea of drinking something that would make me gag in front of everyone didn't sound like a fun time to me. I didn't want to seem like a big baby, though. Just as I was about to pick up one with pink liquid in it, Taehyung snatched it from me.

"I'll take that one."

When I was about to give him my 'what the hell' look, he winked at me. I knew he just saved me from drinking something disgusting.

When the music started up again, all the girls grabbed a guy, dragging them to the dance floor. Which left me and Taehyung.

"You don't dance?" He lowered his head to talk into my ear. It was so loud, i barely heard him, even though he was right next to me.

I shook my head. "Not on purpose."

He let out a deep, sexy laugh. "What does that mean?"

"It means, unless I'm drunk and don't care what people think, I'm not dancing."

He tilted his head, a curious look on his face. "Why Do you care what people think?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just do."

He handed me another shot.

"What about you?"

He just shook his head. "I'm driving. Plus, i had one at the bar."

I took it, thankful it was a tasty one. Although, based on what he did for me before, i doubted it was going to be bad.

After i took the shot and put the glass down , he grabbed my hand. "Where are you taking me?" 

He glanced back at me. "To dance."

"Taehyung." I tried to tug my hands out of his grip. "I'm not comfortable doing that."

He stopped so abruptly, i almost ran into him, "Jennie, do you trust me?"

The smile he gave me made my inside melt. Grabbing my hand again, he wove us around groups of people. He took us to a back corner of the club. There were still few people around, but it was definitely more private than the main dance floor.

When the DJ played a song that was more blass than actual words, Taehyung started jumping around like a goofball. I couldn't help but laugh. He grabbed my hand and spun me around. Before I knew it, I didn't care about anyone else. It was just me and Taehyung. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having. I danced and laughed so much. I was practically out of breath.

Eventually, we returned to the rest of the party. After having another drink and making small talk with the others, we quickly said our goodbyes and snuck out before anyone could protest.

I was still laughing when I got into Taehyung's car.

"How about some pizza?"

I looked over at him with wide eyes. "Oh, my gosh! Yes!"

He laughed, nodded, and put the car in drive.

_______

'Look at her like she's the only one you see's