Chapter 4

Kim Jennie

I set my cell phone down, shaking my head at myself. Why I kept saying yes to all the wedding festivities, I had no idea. Okay, that was a lie. Of course I knew why. It was because no matter how old i was, Kim Taehyung always made my stomach flip.

I wonder if I should reach out to Junseo. Make sure he is okay with me being at all these events. I decided against that. If anyone should talk with Junseo, it's Taehyung. He's the one actually in the wedding. Hopefully, he was filling Junseo in on everything. Now for the bigger issue, what the hell am I going to wear?

A couple of days later, I was leaning against the counter in Aeri's kitchen.

"I'm sorry, you're going where?" Aeri practically fell off her chair.

"I have to go to the dual bachelor party."

"Oh, you have to, huh?"

I knew what she was getting at, and i wasn't going to let her win.

"Yes. Since I'm going with Taehyung, I need to go to the party, too."

"Mmmm...hmmm."

I knew she didn't believe me. Hell, i didn't even believe me. Even though he didn't seem to like me much, I still wanted to spend time with Taehyung.

"What are you going to wear?"

I smirked at her excitement. "I'm not sure."

"It has to be something hot."

"Ae..."

"Don't 'Ae' me. There are bound to be women where you are going. I guarantee they will be dressed sexy. Unless you want Taehyung checking them out, you have to show off that cute body."

She was right.

"Okay. What are you thinking?"

Aeri squealed and jumped out of the chair. If there was one thing Aeri loved, it was dressing up. Dragging  me into her bedroom, I sat on the bed while she grabbed outfits from her closet. Some dressed were way too skimpy. I said no go those right away. After arguing for about thirty minutes, we both finally agreed on an outfit.

It was a long black shirt with a slit up the side. Aeri had a matching black top that showed just a silver of my midriff. She also lets me borrow a pair of her red heels. Thankfully, Aeri and i were pretty much the same size. She also gave me her red lip gloss.

I thought it was a bit much, but she assured me it would look perfect with heels. Giving me advice on jewelry and how to do my hair, she sent me on my way. "You better send me a pic!"

I smiled, giving her a hug. "Thank you, Aeri."

"You can thank me tomorrow morning." She winked at me. I rolled my eyes and left.

____

A few hours later, I was ready. Well, as ready as I was going to be. My make-up looked great. I put my hair up, which I don't do often. I decided to leave a few random  strands framing my face. The style accentuated my long neck and beautiful necklace.

Pacing my living room with the strappy heels dangling from my fingers, i waited for Taehyung. It sounded like the wedding party would be taking a limbo to the club. Tawhyung offered to pick me up, though. He thought I'd be more comfortable riding seperately. Which I was grateful for. I knew most of the people, but being the ex-girlfriend, I didn't want it to be awkward.

I jumped at the knock on the door, then scolded myself.

Just relax, Jennie!

It's not like this was an actual date. Hell, we wouldn't even be doing this if it wasn't for Mrs. K.

When I opened the door, my knees instantly became weak. Taehyung's cologne immediately took over the surrounding air. He had on dark black slacks with a matching buttoned-up shirt. That, along with his dark hair. The man looked like walking sin.

"Hey. We match." He smiled down at me.

I let out a small laugh and opened the door wider, inviting him in.

_____

Nothing hurts more than trying your absolute best and still not being good enough.