26| Sophie

Undeniable guilt charged through Sophie's body. She wasn't the one to kill Alina of course, but she still felt that she was responsible for the ex-councilor's death. But Alina's words kept ringing in Sophie's head.

You'll find out who's the leader of all this

What did that mean? More importantly, what were they going to do with Gisela? They surely wouldn't give her a second chance because of what happened with Alvar, but she seriously needed a physician. Sophie spread out her consciousness and found Keefe's mind.

Keefe? 

Sophie had to transmit to make sure Keefe was okay and wouldn't be going down his spiral whenever he broke down. Keefe couldn't do anything because of what was happening to him.

I'm here

Sophie blew a sigh of relief. The dwarves had simply picked Alina up and left going back underground. Sophie could hear a few cries of children.

You okay right?

Yeah, Foster, I'm alright, check all you want,

I don't need to. Listen, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, can you come up here and give me a helping hand?

Sophie searched the crowd for Keefe's face. She couldn't believe that as soon as she had to graduate, the Neverseen had to show up again.

"Everyone can go home," Councilor Emery sighed. Every person here weren't surprised anymore, they were just exhausted. They were exhausted of the endless battle between the Lost Cities and the Neverseen. Sophie also couldn't forget the way Gisela let Alina almost clamp the ability restrictor on Keefe's head. How did they even make one? Dex was the only one to know how to make it. Unless they- no, Dex wouldn't do that.

He would, if his family was threatened

With the Neverseen back, the tireless questions were coming back to plague Sophie's mind. If only Elysian or Jolie was still here. She would give Sophie some guidance on what to do.

"We figured out that Alina had been giving information to the Neverseen, and with her gone, Sophie can take her place,"

"Will she get a Wanderling?" Councilor Terik asked.

"I'm not sure, her infiltrating the council is very big," Emery replied.

"Um, hello? But I didn't agree to becoming a councilor," Sophie cut in.

"But Miss. Foster, you need to. With you on the council, they Lost Cities will prosper even more. We'll even allow you to change some rules with all of us agreeing," Emery argued. Sophie just had it.

"You seriously want me to join you guys after you threatened Dex's family if he didn't keep my ability restrictor on. Plus, it was your idea. You put that on me when I was a literal child! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

"Miss Foster, we said we were sor-"

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" Sophie snapped.

"No kid should ever have to experience that, even if I broke the rules, I was overwhelmed with everything and was just trying to help you. They shouldn't go through that unbearable pain. If I had that ability restrictor, I would tell Dex to multiply them and put them on each of your bloody heads and you'll see what I mean. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the people who deserve to rot in Exile the most!" Sophie seethed and could feel uncontrollable rage inside of her. The stupid prejudices, the stupid Neverseen, the stupid council. Sophie felt herself lift from the ground, she tried to stop it, but she couldn't.

Calm down

Keefe had sent his breezes and Sophie calmed down instantly. The councilors looked scared for their life.

"We're sorry Miss Foster, we won't ask this again. We'll find someone else,"

"Or, you could actually be open about what you're doing and have the people's opinions first. And think of punishments for kids that will actually teach them a lesson. Not torture them," Keefe had finally spoken. He was at Sophie's side in an flash and wrapped an arm around her protectively. Sophie felt relieved and leaned into Keefe's embrace more, trying to find more strength.

"I think we should go," Sophie said, her voice barely a whisper.

"I agree. I don't think we want to talk to you people any longer until you correct your ways. Don't ask me about Gisela, because I have nothing to do with her," Keefe directed and brought out a leaping crystal. He gently tugged Sophie toward the light and glared at the councilors before both of them glittered away.

Yeah, I updated. I'M SO SORRY KEEFESTERS! I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY THESE DAYS THAT I CAN'T FIND ANY TIME FOR ANYTHING!

Anyhooooooo

Remember to be strong, be different and be YOU!

BAIIIIII, ILYSM KEEFESTERS!!!!!!!!!!! 😉😏