20| Sophie

The girls brought me out, and Biana started squealing.
"SOPHIE! FOXIRE ANNOUNCED THERE IS A DANCE COMING UP!!!!!"
"I never knew Foxfire had dances," I confessed.
" Yeah, but they're celebrating the defeat of the Neverseen since Gisela is in Exile and Vespera is um. You know. And the rest of the Neverseen are probably scrambling, not knowing what to do since they barely know the plans," Marella replied.
"I guess so. When is it?" I asked.
"Next week!" Maruca squealed.
"How come all of you know about this and I don't?" I groaned.
"You're just too oblivious, Sophie. Keefe had to leave for you to figure out your feelings,"Stina said. My insides started to squirm and sadness clouded my mind. Keefe leaving was still a sensitive topic and I've been trying to forget about it, but Stina brought it up again.
"Shut up, Stina. You know Sophie doesn't like talking about that," Biana scolded.
" I'm just pointing out the facts," Stina retorted.
"I really don't know why the council chose Stina and not Keefe for Team Valiant," I mumbled.
"Maybe it's because my mom was the leader of the Neverseen and they don't want an experimented person in a Noble team. Mom of the year strikes again!,"My head snapped up.
"Oh Keefe. That's not true," I turned around to see ice blue eyes connecting with my brown ones.
" It kind of is, Foster, you and I both know it,"I blew out a breath.
"Hey guys, can you leave us alone for a bit,"
" Sure, Sophie," Linh said. I heard the shuffle of footsteps succumb.
"Let's go to the Panakes tree,"Keefe said nothing but nodded. I intertwined my hand with Keefe's and brought out my home crystal. We glittered into the Havenfield pastures.
"Alright Keefe. Let it all out," I said once we reached the Panakes tree. Keefe sighed.

"I guess the council not choosing me, one of the most powerful empaths, just reminded me of how they still remember myself running to the Neverseen and being the son of a psychopath. I think- I think everyone is scared of me and my new, crazy ability,"

"I'm not. And neither do our friends think you're crazy or wrong, Keefe. Don't feel guilty for not listening to me in Loanmore. You came there for a reason. And if you didn't come, I don't think we could've escaped. You know. Even if your mom experimented on you which I think she deserves to rot in Exile. It made me realize how much I love you," Keefe laughed.

"Foster, I'm sure you would realize that someday. It would just take longer. You know, I was about to kiss you before you went to Nightfall, but the Forklenator interrupted us,"

"Yeaah, but at least you didn't have to wait ten years or something. You had to stand by for three years Keefe. I think- no I know that we'll spend the rest of forever together," Keefe's eyes widened.

"Are- are you saying you would marry me someday?"

"Yeah I guess. Not now at least. But I don't think I want to spend the rest of forever with anyone else," Keefe smiled and leaned in. I closed the distance and the fire inside of me erupted once again. Burning hotter and hotter. We broke the kiss.

"Thanks, Foster. I needed that." He sighed.

"This is stupid. I'm the one who's supposed to be comforting you. Not me," I laughed at that. Keefe does not know how many times he comforted me when I was in my saddest times. I remembered always going to Keefe when I needed someone. I never went to Fitz. Even about the unmatchable part, I was scared Fitz was going to get angry. Like it was my fault my parents wouldn't reveal themselves. Of course, I couldn't tell him it was Councillor Oralie.

"You know, whenever you smile, you always remind me of someone. But no one here looks like you, I don't mean that in a bad way. You almost remind me of..... Nevermind. It's not my place to know. You can tell me whenever you're ready Foster," Fitz wouldn't do that. He would demand it because he cared more about his reputation.

"Keefe, I think, I think I should tell you,"

"Tell me what?" Keefe cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm going to tell you who my mom is," Keefe's eyebrows raised higher.

"You don't have to, Sophie,"

"No, no, I don't want to keep any secrets from you," I said. Keefe opened his mouth to say something, but nodded.

"My- my mom is Oralie," A look of understanding dawned on Keefe's face.

"That's why you can't tell anyone," Keefe said. I nodded.

"Foster, I wouldn't mind being a bad match. It'll be cool actually. The most powerful elf in the world becoming a bad match and marrying the one and only Keefe Sencen. The elf who has the hottest hair and is the most hottest elf out there. But then again, it's not exactly bad, is it?" Keefe gave me a lopsided grin. I laughed at him.

"Keefe Sencen, you're not wrong," Keefe's grin became even wider, and he ducked his head down and kissed me. I sighed in satisfaction.

"Hey, Foster?" I hummed in attention.

"Will you go the dance with me?"

"Of course, Keefe"

And we kissed again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!!!! Can you believe it's 2024, and I started writing last year around August. I actually dk when I started writing lol. But anyhoo, Ily Keefesters, and thank you so much to all of those who stuck with me from the start to here. Don't worry it's not the end. There's are still so much more chapters to come! I also want to write story that's keefexreader. Idk, I randomly found like these type of stories and loved imagining myself and Keefe getting together. But I think I'll write it after this book is done. I think I'll be writing like, ten more chapters or maybe more. Who knows?

Anyhoooooo,

Remember Keefesters to be strong, be different and be YOU!

BAIIII, ILY KEEFESTERS!!!!!! 😉😏