22| Sophie

Today was the day of the Foxfire school dance and I went shopping with all the girls before I got pranked by Keefe. Biana told me to call her once I got in my dress. I know that red is my colour, but I wanted to surprise Keefe by getting an ice blue dress. His eyes are what keeps me strong. They're always filled with warmth even though they're ice blue. The ice blue dress was sleek and elegant with no details or gems or anything except it's natural silky shine. It had spaghetti straps but had lace sleeves hanging off my shoulders. There was a slit in the dress for my leg. It was kind of out of my comfort zone, but Biana insisted that I get it. Plus, it was the only simplest ice blue dress we all could find. Ice blue also reminded me of Elysian in an absurd way. After encountering Elysian, she seemed to have disappeared after helping us defeat Gisela. But Elysian was mysterious and had no intention of anyone finding her, so maybe she was in a good mood to help someone. I put it on and stared at the spectral mirror. I can't help admitting that I actually looked good.

"Wow, you actually look good without makeup. I can't even see those dark circles anymore," Vertina commented. I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the mirror range. I picked up my imparter and started to call Biana, but as soon as I was about to say it, Biana with Linh and Marella burst in my room. I yelped in surprise nearly tripping over my dress.

"Geez Biana, I was about to call you," I said.

"Sorry, I just couldn't wait any longer. I can't wait to work on your hair and makeup!" I noticed that she had already been dressed and wore a poofy purple dress. There was an elaborate pattern of diamonds stitched on her bodice and tufts of lace worked over her poofy skirt that went all the way to the ground. Biana as usual looked gorgeous with her makeup and her curled, naturally shiny hair. She was also holding a huge duffel bag probably filled with all sorts of tools she would be using on me. She set me on a chair and set to work.

"Don't do anything too much Bi, you know how I am,"

"Yup!" She replied and continued playing with my hair and shuffling through her duffle bag muttering words I didn't understand. Marella wore a fiery orange suit with a white lacey shirt inside and her heels were so high, I was questioning how she could walk in them. Linh wore a navy blue dress that stood out against her pale complexion. The skirt went just below her knees and she had a sweetheart neckline with pearls outlining the dress. The skirt was mixed with other shades of blue so whenever she walked, it was as if they were waves. Overall everyone looked stunning and by the time I was done studying everyone's outfit, Biana was done with me. She had curled my hair and did a half up half down hairdo and soft makeup on my face. You could say I looked pretty too. I heard a gasp and looked up to see Marella looking at my window. I followed her eyes to see Elysian standing before us in a plain yellow dress, and had a hat with a white veil covering her face.

"Uhm, what brings you here Elysian?" I asked. I couldn't help noticing how elegant and beautiful Elysian truly looked, even though her face was covered.

"I have come here to say goodbye," I was puzzled by the sentence. Elysian would always leave us when we least expected it, so why was she saying goodbye? Slowly, her white gloved hand reached up to her hat and she took it off. Whatever I saw was unbelievable, because I had never seen her in real life, but I knew who she was. An orange flame was branded on her rosy cheek that trailed down her neck. Her blonde hair fell over her shoulders and her turquoise eyes looked directly at my brown ones.

"When I was burned, my body somehow became a powerful force that I called Elysian. A new power was unlocked in me, that I could control the plants and control the Earth. I had to refrain myself from meeting anyone except for the Moonlark and her closest friends. I could meet anyone with a coverage, but not without revealing myself. I couldn't bring myself to see Mom and Dad, but I knew it was the right choice. This must be a big secret to be kept as I am truly not alive. It is my soul that still lives and my presence that keep everything in place. The timeline shouldn't be disturbed. Which is why I made the place Elysian. To make sure, if anyone found out, they would immediately think of the place. Remember Sophie, that even though we're not genetically related, I still think of you as my sister and I will always love you. My time here is done and it's time to leave this world forever. Please tell Mom and Dad that I love them for me, Sophie. And please continue to visit my tree because I will always be watching it. I will always love my family Sophie, always," And with that, the lady vanished in a bright light. And I whispered with tears rolling down my face, smudging my makeup.

"I love you too, Jolie," 

Alright, I'm just gonna go now....