Chapter 17

Strange; same void room-like area, same creepy vibe, but this time I can move. I went to move but stopped when I turned to my right and saw Tanya, looking around and seeming to be just as confused as I was.

"Tanya? What are you doing here?" I asked as I placed my hand on her shoulder, which got her to face me.

"Ah... Freya what are you doing here?" She questioned back, bypassing my question.

"That's what I just asked you. What's going on? I've never dreamt about you before!" I stated causing her brow to furrow further.

"What do you mean? I'm the one dreaming, you're in my dream sis!" She replied as which caused me even more confusion.

"I... you... what? I am so confused! This is the dream I've been telling you about, this place, but you're never here and I can't move so this is weird in multiple ways." I explained, as we walked around the empty space.

"Ouch!" I yelped as something pinched the back of my arm, when I turned around to see what or who did it I realised it was just my beloved sister checking to see if we were actually dreaming.

"Ok you're real, so maybe we aren't actually dreaming, but this place is where I usually go in my dreams." She told me without apologising for the pain she inflicted.

"Ok first of all; excuse me ow usually people apologise after checking that..." I started to which she just rolled her eyes.

"Second of all you've always told me you can never remember your dreams or nightmares, how do you know?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure, I think I know what I dream of in my dreams but when I wake it's gone." She replied causing even further confusion.

"Hey, odd question but did you see a woman when we were in that water, looked like she was floating surrounded by lights?" Tanya questioned as we walked further into the space.

"You're right that is odd! No but I heard someone they sounded female." I replied, Tanya turned to face at me with a quizzical look taking over her face.

"What did she say?" She asked.

"I just remember 'Finally!' And then next thing I know I'm being pulled to the surface." I explained, putting big dramatic emphasis on the word 'Finally'. Spacing out arms in big show-stop moment to complete the dramatic effect

"I wonder who it was?" She ignored my antics, gave her question to the universe and for some reason one thing popped into my head.

"Selene!" I stated out loud.

"You rang?" Questioned a familiar voice from behind, scaring the crap out of us and causing us to swing around at lightning speed to face a woman who for some reason looked exactly like Tanya and I. My black hair and height, Tanya's freckles and jawline but the eyes; they were swirling mix of purple and blue. This person was like us merged into one.

"Holy... what the hell? Who are you?" Tanya asked as we gripped each other in fear.

"You spoke my name, I am Selene!" She said her voice sounding more like chimes on the wind than an actual vocal tone.

"Ok let me rephrase that, what are you?" Questioned Tanya as we let go of each other.

"Why I am you of course!" She stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the multiverse.

"Ah... do you think we'll get a straight answer out of her?" I asked Tanya as the being watched us interact.

"Oh god only knows." She responded.

"So when you say, you are us, what do you mean exactly?" I questioned, hoping for an answer.

"Forgive me, it takes a moment to adjust to your language. What I mean is that we are one, we have completed the merge." She explained causing even more confusion.