Chapter 44: Getting Back In

Tony went to the living room, where the team was getting anti-possession tattoos. A few of them needed specialized ink for the symbol to not heal. Overall, though, the artist did a good job. Wilson had returned in time for the tattoo session as well.

"And this is absolutely necessary," Wilson asked, watching Bucky get his human arm tattooed.

"I got possessed, and it wasn't exactly a picnic. So I'm not willing to take any more chances," Bucky said.

"Great. On top of the usual bullshit, we have to deal with demons too," Wilson asked.

"We're taking extra precautions to ensure everyone's safety. The hunters deal with the demons," Tony said, pulling out his chest, "Which means I have to get back in business."

"What," Steve asked, "I thought you got out..."

"They came into the tower, Rogers," Tony reasoned, unloading his stuff, "They attacked my family. I never got out. I just avoided the truth."

Tony glanced up as Peter walked in.

"Peter, come here a second," Tony said, calling him over.

"What's up," Peter asked.

"So you've been doing some hunting lately. I want to quiz your knowledge," Tony said, "Do you kill a skinwalker with salt or holy water?"

"Neither. A skinwalker is killed by taking silver to the head or heart," Peter said.

"Good. How do you kill a ghost," Tony asked.

"Find it's bones and/or remains. Salt and burn them to put them to rest," Peter answered.

"You have been studying," Tony smirked, a little proud of his son's knowledge so far, "Code words for drop everything and run?"

Peter went silent as he didn't know that one.

"Poughskeepie," Dean said, walking up to them, "The code word is Poughskeepie. We haven't taught you that one yet. What are you doing, Tony?"

"I'm getting back in," Tony said, checking his guns.

"Whoa, no! You worked so damn hard to get out. You don't have to," Dean said, "We got it covered..."

"Dean, I can't escape this for any longer. It was bound to happen one way or another," Tony reasoned, "Hold this."

Tony handed him a golden dagger.

"Golden dagger? Do you have to be flashy when hunting as well," Dean sassed.

"Pure gold kills banshees," Tony said.

"Banshees? I've never seen one of those before," Dean said.

"They're mean little fuckers," Tony said, "Difficult to kill as well. Taking them on alone is damn near impossible."

"You've faced one before," Dean asked.

"I've seen one, not exactly killed it," Tony said, taking out some bullets coated in vervain.

"Like up close? How did you get rid of it," Dean asked.

"I trapped it for a short period. Another hunter wanted to finish it off," Tony said.

"You have hunter friends," Dean asked.

"I don't trust many hunters to call them my friend," Tony said, "But I did have a few. Rufus, Eileen, Bobby, and even Ellen."

"You knew Bobby," Dean said softly.

"We practically grew up together," Tony chuckled, "He and John were real close. Rumor had it they were dating for a short period. After a while, I lost contact with him."

Dean lowered his head.

"You lost contact because Bobby is dead," Dean said, making Tony freeze.

"What," Tony asked, a saddened look crossing his face, "How? When was this? Why wasn't I told about it?"

"It was a hunt gone wrong," Dean said, "Bobby came with us, and... He saved us, but he didn't make it out."

Tony dropped his eyes to his belongings.

"Bobby was a tough little bastard. He always had this weird nickname he'd call us. What was it? Idiot? Illicit," Tony said, trying to recall the nickname he used.

"Idjit," Dean smiled, remembering the amount of times he's been called that.

"That one," Tony smiled, "Idjit. What the fuck was an idjit?"

"Apparently us," Dean teased.

Tony snorted out a laugh.

"He used to invite us over to play a card game and share a meal. It would be me, John, Rufus, Rhodes, and him. He looked out for me like I was his blood," Tony said.

"He once told me that family doesn't end in blood. It doesn't start there either. He was the father for Sam and me when ours wasn't around," Dean said.

"He said the same thing to me," Tony said, his voice cracking, "I should, uh, clean these up."

"I can help," Dean offered.

"Actually, I wanted Peter to help me out," Tony said, turning to him, "Don't tell your father, though."

"I won't," Peter smirked, picking some of the weapons up.

Dean gave a short nod and turned back to Steve and his lovers.

"So... Who's Bobby," Bucky asked.

"Bobby was one of the best damn hunters I've ever met," Dean smiled, ready to tell his stories to them.