Chapter 38: Surprise Guest

Klaus was painting when his hands started trembling. He paused as dread filled his heart. He put down the paintbrush and examined his hands.

"Sam," Klaus whispered, vamping out of the door.

John looked at the elevator as it opened. Dean and Sam were tossed inside the room. John smiled at them as they walked over.

"This is the worst family reunion ever, by the way," Dean sassed.

"Have a seat," John said.

"No thanks..."

John shoved a knife into the table.

"Sit. Down," John snapped.

"I liked this table," Tony muttered, watching John as the two sat down.

"We're here. Now let them go," Sam said.

"I can't do that," John said, "He has plans for them."

"Who's he," Dean asked.

"I'm surprised you don't remember me, Dean," John said, his eyes shifting to the yellow ones, "Almost hurt."

"You..."

"Me," Azazel smirked, taking control, "Don't worry, though. I'm not going to hurt you. However, do you know how difficult it was getting in here? I mean, I had to have at least three demons possess Thor. Then I had to have three more take over Wanda and Stephen."

"You went through all that trouble for little ol me," Dean taunted, "I'm blushing."

"Well, not exactly you. You see, I need my miracle child," Azazel said, turning to Sam, "But I know how you two are like a joint package. Where there is one Winchester, there's another close by."

"So then why am I here," Dean asked, "Why are they here?"

"Always with the questions," Azazel teased, "This is why I like you. You're always ready to learn."

"Answer me then," Dean snapped.

"Now, why would I give away my big, secret plan to you," Azazel asked, "That makes zero sense. It's called a secret plan for a reason."

"So what am I? A trophy," Dean asked.

"Don't give me ideas, Dean Winchester," Azazel smirked, "You're as pretty as your mother."

"You sick son of a bitch," Dean spat, "You get off to the idea of parading me around?"

"I get the sense that you're stalling," Azazel said, leaning toward Dean, "And I don't like that."

He slammed Dean's face into the table, making Sam stand up.

"Sit down, Samuel. I don't want to hurt you, but I will," Azazel smiled.

"Let him go," Sam gritted.

"Fine. I'll let your idiot brother go," Azazel complained, letting go of Dean, "You are no fun, you know that?"

"Let us walk," Sam said.

"No can do," Azazel said, "We're waiting on someone's arrival."

"Who," Dean asked.

"You two are so impatient," Azazel muttered.

Dean glanced at Sam in question.

"Azazel, why did you need all of us here," Sam asked.

"In case a sacrifice is needed," Azazel said, "Duh."

Peter felt his heart sink. Sam turned to Tony, who refused to make eye contact with them.

"He's upset because you took his son to go hunting," Azazel said, noticing the lack of eye contact between them, "Which is quite a shitty move on your part. Our lord would be proud."

"Shut up," Sam said.

"See, you keep giving me these demands like I'm supposed to follow them. Sam, I'm not allowed to kill you. But that doesn't mean I won't. I only need your meat suit, not you," Azazel smirked.

Sam glared at Azazel coldly.

"Lucifer is trapped," Sam said, "You can't get him out."

"You're right. I can't," Azazel said, "But you can."

"I rather he rot in hell," Sam sneered.

Azazel punched him in the jaw, making Tony flinch.

"See, that mouth is gonna get you in trouble," Azazel sighed.

The elevator sounded again, and a familiar face stepped in. Sam met her eyes in disbelief.

"Ruby," Sam said softly.

"Hi, Sam," Ruby smiled, walking up to Azazel.

"Great, the whole family is here... At least the living ones are. So let's get started, shall we," Azazel smiled, clapping his hands together.