Chapter 35

Oj's Pov.

I turned away from Arcee as I covered my left optic "How long have you been here?" I asked as I looked my optic patch over, seeing why it had come off. "Long enough, wasn't aware you had skills with a sword" was all she said as she stood in place, I raised as brow slightly at her attempt to complement me. I huffed lightly as I brought my patch up to look at it more closely, seeing that the thing was cracked and now wouldn't seal properly around my damaged optic. I growled in frustration "Son of a scrap." I hissed as I gritted my sharpened teeth "That was my last one too." I stormed off which wasn't far, only going to the edge of the base and sat up a thud. I sighed in frustration as I fell back and laid there as I stared at the night sky. I closed my right optic, do to the damage around my left, I was missing the metal that would have covered it when i close my optics. So, it left my optic completely exposed, which sucked a lot due to how it made me look. Most saw me as a freak and it just got to a point where I covered it all together.

"Are you okay?" I opened my optic and looked up as Arcee stood just above my head. I blinked slightly as she asked that before huffing as I sat back up and looked out at the landscape. "Oh I'm just fine and dandy." I said in a pissy tone, I didn't really care how I sounded as I had wanted to be left alone. "What do you even want? I wanted to be left alone." I asked as I had no idea why she was up here, honestly if anything, I would of expected Carrier or my twin but not her. "I came to talk to you about how you've been acting." I turned my head slightly as she moved to stand on my right side. I looked away bit as she looked to my damaged optic, keeping it just out of her sight. "Did she cause that?" I glanced back to her as she asked, I stayed silent a few moments before I sighed and looked down. "No, this happened after I was crushed under the building." I pointed at my exposed red optic before letting my hand fall back into my lap. "I wasn't able to get my face fixed, so i covered it." I explained slightly as I didn't go into detail.

It was silent between us for a few moments before her voice broke it once more "Does it hurt?" I watched her as she moved to sit beside me, I watched her closely before looking back at the landscape and shrugged my shoulders. "When exposed to the elements, ya. Tho the patches kept my optic protected from everything." I said as I looked to the damaged patch in my hand. "It doesn't look like your optic is damaged."  she stated and I nodded slightly "Yea because it ain't, I can see just fine out of it. I just covered it since others found my appearance disturbing." I looked out at the land again. I then looked down to her as I started thinking on why she came up here. "I'm assuming you are here because you know Aracind got to me. Trust me, it won't happen again." I said firmly as I wasn't going to let her- "Not exactly" I stopped mid thought as she started again.

"I might not know fully what had happened between you and her but I know that pained look you hold. She took someone I cared deeply for too." I blinked slightly in surprise as I didn't realize but looked away a bit as I had listened to her words. "But she didn't make you kill them, did she?" I looked off as I could feel her gaze on me. I looked down at my hands as I thought back to what happened "She had injected some form of venom into my systems, within moments I had no control over my body. Trapped within my mind as my body followed her command. I tried fighting against its effects, but I couldn't....... I had to watch as she made me kill her..." I clutched my hands into fists as I grew visibly upset, my breaths slightly shaky as I closed my optic. "I should have listened to her when she had that bad feeling about that cursed ship. I should have listened to you Jinx..." I said my loves name as I slouched slightly as held my face slightly with one hand. 

I lifted my head slightly tho as I felt Arcee pat my back gently "I am truly sorry that this happened to you but shutting your family out won't help." I looked to her fully as I studied the look in her optics, knowing she understood my pain. I sighed heavily as I looked forward again "Force of habit I guess, I got used to being alone an having no one." I added as I had been alone for so long, I then started thinking a minute as I laid back on my elbows a bit "Hey Cee, I got a proposition for ya. We both hate the glitch, so why not have a pact against her. We can work together to make her pay for what she's done, what ya say?" I asked as I held my left hand out to her as I offered a pact to working together an hunting the spider glitch down. I smiled slightly as she shook my hand "You got a deal." she said gently with a small smile as well. 

I let her hand go and sighed as my optic began to sting, leading me to cover it with my left hand. "I better go see if Ratchet can fix this thing." I said as I held the patch up and stood up as she did as well. "Very well, if you need to talk about anything. Know you can come to me." she said before she left, I stood an watched her as she walled off "I'll keep that in mind." I said as I looked to the patch and smiled a bit before heading in.

I hoped you guys enjoyed it.

Please leave a comment of what ya think.