Chapter 32

Dark Shadow's Pov.

I stood at the main computer as I worked with Ratchet as usual and turned as I heard a vehicle coming into base. I smiled as I saw it was Jack's mother and turned to face her as she parked and stepped out. "Greetings Darby" I said as I watched her, I had grown a liking to the adult as it was nice to have a fellow creator around. "Hello Dark Shadow" she greeted me and smiled up to me as she came over to her son, who in turn asked why she was there. "I brought ya guys lunch and thought I could hang out with my fellow mother." I smiled lightly as I knelt down and held my hand out to her and watched her step onto my palm. I then gently lifted her up and let her onto the plat form next to the main computer. "Your presence is always welcomed Darby." I said only to gain a exasperated groan from Miko in the main human area. I rolled my optics and chuckled lightly as I looked back to Darby.

Miko did not like the idea of another mom figure in the base, knowing how I was with them and Darby was about the same. "Anyways, hope everything is well?" I asked as I turned to look over somethings on the screen as she took as set next to me. "Yea, besides work and getting kidnapped by a giant spider lady, I'm doing fine." it had been a couple weeks since the Arachnid and Mech incident. But I had to say she was tough human "How is your son doing?" she asked and I sighed softly "Physically, he is fine but he has been off since that day." I admitted as he hadn't been talking much and has been avoiding most of us, including myself and his twin. I was starting think the Arachnid had done something to my son, it infuriated me that the glitch had hurt him in some way. But I couldn't get him to talk about it, he was stubborn on the subject and very defensive about it.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, he seems like a strong and tough young bot." I smiled gently and huffed softly in amusement "Oh you don't know the haft of it." I added as I looked back to her as we continued to talk as I worked. Tho I paused as Optimus approached us, I smiled gently to the prime as he greeted us "Shadow, Mis Darby" he smiled gently back to me before nodding his head to Darby. "Hello Optimus, how are you?" I glanced back to Darby as she spoke and raised a optic ridge as she seemed to show interest in the Prime. Tho knowing Optimus well he hadn't noticed her tone an shook my head a bit amused as he spoke. "I am doing fine Mis Darby, thank you for asking." I watched him then turned to me "What's up this time Prime?" I asked with a gently tease as I put a hand on my hip.  "I was going to see if you wished to join me on patrol but I can see you have company." He stated as he motioned to Darby, I looked to her a moment before looked back to him.

"Yea, I'll catch ya on the next outing." I gave a slight salute with my other hand as he smiled gently and nodded at my words as he turned and transformed as he drove out of base.  I smiled gently as I watched him leave before I looked back to Darby "He is a handsome guy." I chuckled softly and sighed as I looked back to the entrance of the base. "You two make a lovely couple." I snapped my head back to her and shook my head. "Oh no we ain't a couple Darby. " I said as I glanced back and saw if anyone heard her. "Really? I just assumed with your so-" I stopped her from finishing that sentence "stop please!" I said quickly in a hushed tone before I noticed my daughter now looking over at us. "Everything alright Carrier?" she asked as she was in her human form to work on homework with Raph. I turned to look at her and smiled gently "Yes dear, just fine. No need to worry yourself over me." I said as she just stared at me, tho she shrugged slightly as she turned back to her work.

I sighed softly as I turned back to Darby as she crossed her arms a bit "You sure you're ok?" she asked in a lower tone. I paused a moment as I thought on his words a minute as I debating if I should blow the question off or tell her what's happening. I sighed softly as I held my hand out too her "I would prefer not to talk about this in front of everyone yet." I stated as she tiled her head but got on my palm and I started off to my room. "Where are you two going?" I looked to the platform as Jack asked his mother and I paused so she could answer. "Just gonna have some girl time an mother talk." I smiled gently as she spoke before I continued down the hall and to my room. Once inside my room I locked my door so no one walked in on us and I then went  over to my desk as I sat her down. I then sat down in my chair as she looked up to me "Now, what's going on?"  she asked and I sighed softly and rubbed my optics.

"Now that is a long story.." I said as I looked back down to her with a saddened look.

I hoped you guys enjoyed it.

Please leave a comment of what you think.