Core Memory¹

Song Mingi

Ever since that dinner night, Mingi has never been this cheerful. Two days had passed by and Yunho sadly had those days off but today was the day he will finally see him at work again.

He woke feeling extremely delightful. Happily making his way to the bathroom, doing his business and taking a nice warm shower.

Afterwards, he picks out his nicest looking suit. Wanting to look a little more presentable. Wearing his extra accessories such as his expensive silver watch, shiny rings, and his chain necklace.

A soft knock interrupting his mood as the door swung open, "Can I have Jongho drive me to school?" Minji pops out.

"If you want to, I don't mind." he replies, fixing his tie.

"Can you let him know? I'll be down in ten." she says, brushing her black hair which reached down to her shoulder blades.

"Yeah I'll call-" he slowly turns around, eyes landing on her clothes. "Get a grip, Minji." Mingi laughs in amusement.

Minji looked at him in disbelief, "What now?"

"You're seriously wearing blue because he complimented you that you looked pretty in that color? You're so whipped for him its painfully obvious." Mingi teases.

She rolled her eyes at him, "As if you didn't shamelessly kiss Yunho on the cheek the other night."

Just as she finished her words. Mingi started calling Jongho on his phone before yelling, "Take Minji to school." over the phone.

"Jeez, alright didn't have the whole world to know." Jongho says on the other line before having a lot of nerve to playfully hang up on Mingi.

As the taller was a year older than him and that Jongho was working for his family, they ended up being good friends. And which is why Jongho was also secretly friends with Yunho at the time Mingi was (still) dating him.

Minji left without a another word. Leaving the bedroom door completely open, the male took all of his things before making his way down the large spiral staircase.

He passed by a few voices arguing downstairs. His parents were at it again, fighting over god knows what. Even little things bothered the both of them that Mingi himself couldn't keep up with their bull.

He chose to let them shout the shit out of each other instead, rather than being involved in it.

"That is not going to happen!" his mother exclaimed.

A loud groan from his father was heard as he replied with an angry, "It will happen- I don't care about your stupid opinion!"

"He's old enough why don't you guys-" the older maid was involved, trying to reason the married couple but the words were stuck in her throat as she sees Mingi coming down the stairs.

Looking at them with an unimpressed expression. They always fight in the mornings and he was slowly getting used to it.

"Keep it down next time, will you guys?" he says, walking towards the front door to grab his car keys.

"Minji! when are we going to meet that boyfriend of yours?" his father forced a smile, noticing his daughter come in sight.

She glanced at Mingi with an awkward face, "Not any time soon.." she replies and instantly walking out through the large front door before the conversation could get any longer.

Mingi looked back at them with the same expression. Can't believe that they're this fucking dense.

He wasn't letting Gunho see this side of his parents and Minji felt the same. Which was a smart move of her to just cancel the dinner at the time, and lucky for Mingi he came just in time to make it up to the brothers.

Without saying a word, he left their mansion. Driving his way to the company.

Mingi was greeted with a warm good morning by Seonghwa at the building just as he entered. "Morning.." he simply replies.

He walks up to the front counter to sign his attendance papers, so the employees would know that he came in today. Eyes landing on Yunho's name to see that he hasn't arrived yet.

Weird. He thinks.

Mingi checked it watch to see that it was almost nine in the morning. Yunho was supposed to be here half an hour ago-

Yunho suddenly came running inside. Cheeks red and completely out of breath, it looked like he just came from a running marathon.

God he's sweating-

Mingi had to slap himself in the face before he could end up thinking weird shit about the other male.

Seonghwa snickered at his boss' reaction. He found his feelings towards Yunho very obvious it was painful. "Get a grip, Mingi.." he whispers.

The younger was caught off guard, "What?"

Only a chuckle was heard from him before he wiggled his way out. Leaving Mingi to his imagination.

Yunho shyly looked away when he caught Mingi staring at him. He looked red as a tomato and the visible blush on his face didn't help.

The taller started walking towards Mingi's way, taking the pen from the other's hand which he himself didn't realize he was still holding.

He stares down at Yunho as he signed the papers next to his name on the attendance sheet.

"Morning." Mingi blurted out.

"Good morning.." he glances up at him with a small smile before hurrying through the corridors, making his way to his office.

As Mingi was left standing alone, visible hearts forming in his eyes as he tries to recall the way Yunho greeted him in a complete sentence and how he looked up at him with those eyes.

Not to be assuming but he feels the change in their tension ever since that dinner night.

Just as Mingi thought he had a great time daydreaming, the devil showed up infront of him.

"Aren't you going to scold him?" Matt came in his sight and Mingi swore this person could use a slap in the face.

"What?" he sternly asked.

"He's late."

"And?" Mingi towered over him, hands in hid pockets.

"Nevermind." he rolled his eyes, Mingi decides to let it slide for today. He was getting a hold of his attitude.

"That's what I thought."

page 28