🕊 Bonus Chapter • The Breakup 🕊

A twenty-two year old Abhimanyu was sitting in the lawn of Agnihotri mansion. He was trying his best to avoid meeting his twenty-year-old ex-girlfriend Angana.

It's only been a week since they broke up. And things got really awkward between them. Because they can't avoid each other for too long. He was practically the real heir of Chahana Agnihotri. So Abhimanyu could never completely break his ties with Angana.

But then he didn't had the courage to face her confidently just yet. He needed time to get used to this.

Raghbir was already trying to pursue Angana. That sneaky bastard. Maybe he should also date someone to make himself feel better and a little less heartbroken.

“Hey!”

He heard Sahana's chirpy voice. She sat down beside him on the wooden swing. Her favorite place in the house.

“Hello.” He replied absent-mindedly and went back to overthinking.

Sahana scrunched her nose at his Devdas self, “Why do you look like a Devdas? It's not like you guys loved each other.”

Abhimanyu looked at her with an annoyed expression, “How are you so sure that we didn't love each other?”

“Dad's eyes resemble twinkling stars when he sees Mom. I never saw that starry shine in your eyes when you were with Di,” She told him honestly.

His expression softened after hearing her words, “Maybe you are right. I'm actually more worried about the awkwardness between us that followed after our breakup.”

“I'm getting a feeling that Di will soon start dating Raghbir Bhaiya. You should also date someone.” She suggested him optimistically.

“Yeah, I think the same. But I don't have anyone in my mind.” He looked around the garden. There were only guards and gardeners around them.

“Well, it's not your fault that girls don't hit on you. You are such a Sanskari boy. They will only get brotherly vibes from you. Even I won't prefer dating you.” Sahana expressed her unfiltered opinions that stung Abhimanyu like a poisonous needle.

“O, hello! I don't want to date a baby like you either.” He glared at her.

“Excuse me, I'm seventeen.” She too began glaring at him.

“Yeah, a seventeen-year-old baby. Always fussing over petty issues.” He scoffed.

“It's you who is fussing over the end of your loveless relationship with my sister. I'm so glad she finally understood she doesn't need an idiot like you in her life.” Sahana scoffed too.

“But I really pity Angana for having a bitchy sister like you. Always bitching and biting.” Now they were full on bantering with each other. The staff did not look at them directly but they were hearing their argument and they were quite enjoying it.

“Fucking dog! You are the one stealing our mother from us.” She yelled at him.

“Then you join politics and get groomed to become the next chief minister.” He raised his left eyebrow and smirked arrogantly. That look was very unlike him. Out of his character.

“Politics! Politics! Politics! Is your life all about politics?” She shouted, annoyed by the fact that his life always revolved around politics. The main reason why Angana decided to dump him.

“Apparently, yes. But, at least, I'm not wasting my time behaving like a bitch.”

“You! I shouldn't have come to console you! You deserve to be depressed!” She poked her finger into his chest.

“Wait! You call this consoling? You were rubbing salt on my wounds!” And he pushed away her finger.

“If it was upto me I would rub arsenic on your wounds!” She smirked, fanning her face.

“You! I don't want to talk to you.” And he turned his back to her.

“I don't wanna talk to you either!” And she too turned her back to him.

“Then get lost!” He yelled.

“You get lost!” She yelled back, hitting his back with her elbow.

“I came here first. You go away!” And he hit her back with his own.

“I won't!” She shouted.

“I won't leave either.” He too shouted.

Silence fell after that. None of the two was ready to leave. Abhimanyu began moving the swing. And Sahana began moving it too. They looked at each other, syncing the movement of their feet and then their faces broke into smiles. And ten minutes later, both of them were enjoying the swing together. The argument was long forgotten. Abhimanyu wasn't sad anymore. Both of them were laughing together like kids. Unaware that they will have kids together in the future.

•••

Thoughts 💭