🕊 Six • The Murder 🕊

His calmness was gone. He refused to participate in the rituals by making the excuse of fever. He couldn't even wear his tie and threw it away when he failed to make a proper knot. Sahana kept quiet and helped him with the tie. She really wanted to ask him the details of the murder that he let happen but his disturbed behavior didn't let her do that.

It was their wedding reception. Abhimanyu and Sahana were standing on the stage, receiving gifts and well wishes from the guests. Sahana was wearing a golden blouse and tight floor-length golden skirt. The golden fabric was embedded with colorful stones of different sizes and shapes. And those stones were the reason they were standing instead of sitting on the sofa behind them. The stones pricked her butt and thighs when she would sit, so they chose to stand instead. Abhimanyu wore a black suit, simple as always.

The evening was a bit boring for Sahana. She wanted to dance but seeing Abhimanyu's state she let go of the idea. She didn't want him to pretend to be happy when she knew he wasn't.

But soon her cousins Ansh and Aas came running to them and dragged them to the dance floor. Sahana tried to refuse but Abhimanyu asked her softly, “Don't you like to dance, Saani?”

“I do... but I don't want you to fake happiness.” She whispered to him so no one else could listen to them.

He smiled, “No sadness can stop me from cherishing your presence in my life, Sahana. C'mon, let's dance.” and he kissed her cheek, earning hoots from the crowd of guests.

Her heart warmed hearing his words, “I can't believe we are being so warm towards each other. I had thought I'll end you after marriage.” Abhimanyu chuckled at her words.

Abhimanyu and Sahana moved to the center of the dance floor, hand in hand, amidst the soft melodies of a romantic song. The warm golden lighting bathed them in a soft glow, and the guests watched in admiration as the newlyweds began their dance.

They swayed gracefully to the music, their eyes locked onto each other. Abhimanyu's calmness slowly returned as he lost himself in the rhythm of the song and the enchanting presence of his new bride. Sahana's earlier concerns seemed to fade away as well, replaced by the joy of the moment.

Their steps were gentle and synchronized, as if they had been dancing together for years. Abhimanyu's hand rested on Sahana's waist, pulling her closer, while her other hand found its place on his shoulder. Their bodies moved in perfect harmony, and they twirled and swayed with elegance.

As the song reached its crescendo, Abhimanyu spun Sahana, her skirt twirling around her, reflecting the colorful stones embedded in the fabric. The guests watched in awe as the couple's love and connection were evident in every move they made.

The hoots and cheers from the crowd only fueled their happiness. The two of them, in their own little world, shared smiles, whispers, and a few stolen kisses. The worries of the day seemed to fade away, and the dance floor became a place of celebration, love, and unity.

As the song ended, Abhimanyu and Sahana held each other close, their hearts beating in unison. They shared a final, tender kiss, sealing the dance with a promise of a beautiful future together. The guests erupted in applause, celebrating the couple's union.

🕊🕊🕊

As Abhimanyu and Sahana stumbled into their bedroom after the reception, Abhimanyu couldn't help but tease, "Well, Mrs. Abhimanyu, we made it through the day in one piece. No murder attempts so far!"

Sahana chuckled, playfully swatting his arm. "You're in luck, Mr. Abhimanyu. I decided to spare your life for now." She was relieved to see him act so carefully.

They started assisting each other in removing their fancy attires, Abhimanyu struggling with his tie once again. "I think this tie has a personal vendetta against me," he grumbled.