🕊 Thirteen • Dad Wars 🕊

One evening, the Raval household was filled with the familiar sound of crying, a duo of wails that signaled the hunger of two growing boys, Abhimaan and Abhiraj. It was as if they had a secret pact to time their hunger pangs for maximum impact. Sahana, their ever-dedicated mother, felt her heart race as she tried to decode which baby should be fed first.

Sahana paced the room, her anxiety mounting as both babies seemed to raise their voices in unison. "Abhi, I don't know who to feed first! They're both hungry!"

Abhimanyu, who had developed a peculiar knack for calming his boys, entered the room with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Saani. I've got this."

He deftly picked up Abhimaan, who was seemingly the more impatient of the two. Abhimaan, in his father's arms, seemed to be as fascinated by his dad's beard as he was hungry. His small hands reached out to explore this newfound facial phenomenon.

Sahana, feeling like the world's most confused mom, watched as Abhimanyu held Abhimaan and said, "Okay, feed Abhiraj first."

Sahana's furrowed brows relaxed, and she turned her attention to Abhiraj, who was looking at her with big, expectant eyes. "Alright, my sweet Raj. It's your turn first."

Abhiraj, ever the patient one, latched onto his mother with a look of sheer determination. His nursing was serene and filled with quiet satisfaction, as if he knew he was next in line and didn't mind the wait.

Meanwhile, Abhimaan in his father's arms was having a conversation of his own. With his curiosity piqued by the beard, he reached up and tugged at a beard hair, looking rather proud of his little accomplishment. Abhimanyu let out a chuckle. "Ah, Maan, it seems you've discovered a new toy."

Abhimaan responded with baby babble and a cheeky grin. Abhimanyu's eyes shimmered with affection as he shared this father-son moment.

Sahana, meanwhile, continued breastfeeding Abhiraj, her heart warmed by the love she felt for her boys. Abhiraj, as always, was calm and gentle, making the experience feel like a cherished bond between mother and son.

As Abhiraj finished nursing and contentedly sighed, Sahana lovingly burped him, making him giggle. "You're such a charmer, Raj."

By this time, Abhimaan was growing drowsy in his father's arms, the bearded exploration adventure winding down. He let out a tiny yawn, his eyes drooping, and a sleepy smile on his face.

Sahana, now ready to breastfeed Abhimaan, gently took him from Abhimanyu's arms and began the second round of feeding. Abhimaan, although initially squirmy, soon found comfort in his mother's embrace and drifted off into a milk-drunk slumber.

Abhiraj was not far behind, lulled into peaceful rest by the loving care of his parents. The room was finally filled with the soothing sounds of two babies sleeping contentedly.

Sahana let out a relieved sigh, her exhaustion momentarily forgotten as she gazed at her two peacefully sleeping sons. Abhimanyu joined her, wrapping his arms around her, and together they watched their baby boys with a mixture of exhaustion and profound love.

"They've got us wrapped around their tiny fingers, Saani," Abhimanyu whispered with a smile.

Sahana leaned into his comforting embrace and replied, "Yes, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

Abhimanyu slowly guided his hand inside her babby t-shirt and caressed her bosom. Sahana smiled, “Abhi, my boobs hurt from feeding the babies. Can you help me with the pain?”

He smiled at the open invitation he got to devour his wife. They couldn't have sex because her body was still recovering from pregnancy. But they still found excuses to make out with each other once in a while. This was one of those instances.