Chapter 48

I opened my eyes wide, Leto was captured in them. Leto must've been more nervous than me right now, but my fingertips were numb.

I never thought that he would reveal to me that he was a man first. Was it his proof to show that he not only trusts me... But that he also likes me that much? I heard the sound of rain.

Dark clouds enveloped the sky where the sunlight had just been intense. The drizzling rain now hit the floor and made a strong drumming sound.

Now only the refreshing sound coexisted between me and Leto.

What should I do now... Should I be surprised and pretend not to know anything? Or should I respond slyly, implying that I actually knew from the start.

"...Le–"

"Don't say anything."

Leto covered my mouth. I was so confused that my body faltered for a moment. My body couldn't hold still because I moved too much.

"Careful."

Leto, who helped my body that almost fell, lifted me up easily.

"My body is useful at times like this. I could hug you."

He spoke jokingly. Oh, I wanted to say something to him, but my lips didn't open easily. I just couldn't stand it because I was cold.

Leto laid me down and took off his remaining top. When his bare body was revealed along with his fine muscles, it seemed like it awakened me and I became dizzy.

He hugged me bare. It was a completely different touch to when he was a woman. It was much warmer, bigger, and cozier.

"Bree, you can sleep. Sleep comfortably."

He spoke in an infinitely sweet voice. But I couldn't fall asleep easily. First, I felt like I was going crazy because I was worried about Leto, and second, something kept brushing against my leg. Even though I couldn't see anything, I immediately realised what that bulge was and was taken aback.

"Sorry."

I pulled my legs back so as not to touch his, and Leto, who noticed this, immediately apologised. He hugged tightly, probably from embarrassment and whispered.

"...Well, damn it. This is not useful."

"..."

"Are you disappointed? Because I look like a pervert."

Leto asked calmly in a slightly trembling voice. I shook my head instead of answering. Leto then let out a deep sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry. Because I'm a man now."

He must be very mistaken about something.

"No... I don't mind if you're a man..."

I had to clear up his misunderstanding, but I could barely speak.

I tried to put strength in my throat because I was frustrated, but it was no use.

"Yes, you were always selfless for me. Bree."

"..."

"Bree, does it bother you?"

As I kept moving my legs, Leto pulled away from me slightly. I tried not to care, but the more I had moved, the greater Leto's bulge grew. I even got a confession from Leto just now. It's weird if I didn't mind.

"Sorry... If you don't like it, you can stay away from me. Cover yourself with my clothes instead, it's cold."

But I didn't want to be away from Leto. It was a selfish thought. When I didn't think about going away, Leto smiled slightly, a little glad, and leaned back so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.