Chapter 31

There were many things that I couldn't get my head around.

"Congratulations!"

"......."

"Congratulations, Leah!"

I've already heard that more than ten times. I was used to it now, so I didn't have time to react.

It was the same with Leto, the person concerned, who did not get angry or get riled up.

However, that characteristically moody expression remained unchanged. The children misunderstood that Leto was unhappy that his secret relationship had been revealed.

"Crazy."

Leto, who soon noticed the rumour, was more distressed than ever.

"Should I drop out of school?"

"In that case, why don't you sing Lexley's school anthem? You might feel better."

"What's so good about singing that unpleasant school anthem that's played every once in a while?"

Leto has been sharp all morning. It was the pinnacle of it when we took Professor Hartz's class.

"Leah Arsene."

"......."

"Leah Arsene!"

Professor Hartz called Leto, who was sitting absent-mindedly. When he belatedly came to his senses, Professor Hartz kicked his tongue and opened his mouth.

"Tsk, play lovers in moderation."

"......."

I just heard something. It was the sound of Leto's patience being cut in half.

I thought I must have heard it wrong, but soon a broken quill fell on the desk.

"......Leah."

That little brat.

Many students were already listening to Leto. It was understandable. Since the attention has been focused on Leto since he entered this classroom.

Without knowing that Leto's trivial talk aroused the interest of the student, Leto generously provided a bait.

"He might end up in last place at this rate......"

"Bree, will you please go to the main building with me?"

"Are you going to start a riot?"

"There's no need to make a riot. I'll just drop out right away."

I should stop him from talking seriously. He needs to be stopped...

"Bree?"

What if he really drops out? Then, wouldn't the massacre cease to happen and everything would end well? If you think about it, this could have been an opportunity.

"I will support you dropping out, Leah."

"......."

Leto looked at me with a very hurt face. The expression on his face screamed, 'how on earth could you say such a harsh thing to me?'.

No, I was just rooting for you since you said you were going to drop out of school.

"Do you really want me to drop out?"

"......Hiccup!"

"I see, you're serious."

"I don't think it's a bad idea to drop out since you're having a hard time......Hiccup!"

"Yeah. You might actually wish him and me the best, right? Because you are the person who usually wants us to get along.

Alright, Bree. Anyway, it would be good for you since the rumour got out that I'm dating that guy as you wish."

Leto said what he had to say and just turned around. Oh, no. I made a mistake and my relationship with him completely fell apart. What's even crazier is–

—Thud.