Chapter 34

"......Ah."

Professor Hartz was staring daggers into me. Looking at those eyes, I hesitated, wondering if I could tell the truth.

If I told the professor everything, how much of this book would change? Perhaps Leto's massacre could have been prevented more easily with the professor's help.

'......What should I do?'

What if I speak too carelessly and a crack occurs in the plot? I've had that feeling of discomfort for a long time.

The professor's expression softened when he noticed something at my hesitation. His gaze became calmer than before, as if he had no intention to pry or threaten me.

On the other hand, I was dishevelled, my hands were slightly trembling, as if everything had been discovered.

"Focus. Your mana is unstable."

At the professor's words, I noticed that my mana was cut off for a while. Even as I tried to concentrate again and produce mana, my anxiety kept leaking out.

The moment the professor moved even a little, my senses would be drawn to that spot.

The professor casually walked towards the bookshelf and pulled out a thick book.

"If you're worried, go see the prophet."

Professor Hartz, who spoke out after the silence, said so calmly.

"For a prophecy?"

"Maybe it can assist you. They can see something beyond magic."

"......Was there anyone like me?"

After thinking about it, I asked. Of course, I shouldn't mention the contents of the novel.

"Although I've never seen one before, I'm sure there's some confidential documents that's been sneaked out. Ah, here it is."

Professor Hartz, who was opening the book, read the content again with a serious face.

I didn't know what it contained, but I could guess it was serious.

"It says here that there was once an archmage with a considerable amount of mana in the past.

He called himself a transcendent from another world who appeared to prevent the catastrophe from coming to the continent.

He said he saw a future where the continent would be destroyed and came to prevent it."

It was a person similar to me.

"So what happened to him?"

"After a while, he just disappeared one day."

This was not the time to waste my mana leisurely. My heart became heavy at every word the professor said, and in fact, I didn't even have the strength to release my mana. Before I knew it, I was looking at the professor and listening to what he was saying.

"......What do you mean disappear?"

"They said no matter how hard they searched, they couldn't find him. He was not found until the end."

"Where did he go?"

"The prophets said that he had finished his task and had returned to his original world."

Does that mean that if I prevent Leto's murder, I will go back to my original world, Korea? The professor closed the book and examined my expression.

Seeing my quite shocked appearance, he let out a deep sigh, as if he thought that I couldn't be of any further help.

"That's enough. I'll write the documents for you."

"......Where is the prophet?"

"If you mean a famous family of prophets, there's the Adelis family."

"Professor."

Although I was reluctant, I was able to learn about me and Leto's fate. The professor went back into the corner without answering my call.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about you."

"......You're not asking anything more than that?"

The professor finally turned his head.

"Whatever your identity is, I don't have a single interest."

It was a neat and clear answer.

"Regardless, thank you for letting me know."

Professor Hartz seemed to be annoyed and motioned me to leave quickly. Judging from that behaviour, it seemed that he really did not care whether I was a transcendent or not.

I pulled the doorknob with an uneasy feeling, and a bright light came in. As it was a dark room, the lights outside were blinding me.

As soon as I got used to the light, I saw Leto glaring at the door with his arms crossed. When my eyes met his, Leto immediately smiled, loosening his hardened expression.

"Bree."

For me, who didn't remember much about Korea, this was my hometown and my home. I can't believe I'm destined to leave this place.

"Leah......"

What would happen to Leto if I disappear? Will he forget me, or will I be erased from his heart?

'I don't want that.'

I hope he remembered me just as I remembered him.

"This won't do. The professor must have treated you like a slave! I'm going to say something!"

"No! I said I was just tired because I used a lot of mana!"

I grabbed Leto who was getting up urgently, but it didn't work. He was convinced that something had happened between Professor Hartz and me, and he was ready to grab the professor by the collar at any moment.

To stop Leto, who was quite angry, I stood up and hugged him tightly. His body, which had been huffing in anger, suddenly calmed down.

When I slightly raised my head, I saw Leto's red earlobe. Fortunately, it seemed to have worked, so I hugged him and tried not to let go.

"What are you doing?"