Chapter 10

Then, as I was leaning over to write my notes, I heard a gasp next to me.

When I turned around, wondering what it was, I saw blood. It was a nosebleed.

"You......"

Leto was bleeding. His eyes also widened, bewildered by the large amount of blood, and hastily covered his nose with his hand. The blood didn't stop and kept spilling on the book.

Leto tried wiping his nose with his white school uniform sleeve to somehow stop the blood.

I hurriedly handed over a handkerchief from my pocket.

"Are you okay?"

When I asked, Leto nodded fiercely. The handkerchief was starting to turn red from the blood.

This won't do. I think it's best to go to the infirmary. Before my words could come out, Professor Hartz noticed this and stopped writing on the chalkboard.

"Miss Arsene."

He called Leto.

"Go to the infirmary, now."

"I'm fine, professor."

"Now."

"No. It's not a big deal......"

Leto stumbled, unable to finish his sentence. This was dangerous.

When I rushed to help, Professor Hartz placed the chalk down and looked at me.

"Miss Pierre, bring that kid away."

"Professor, I'm really fine."

"Now!"

Professor Hartz eventually raised his voice at Leto's stubbornness.

All the students in the classroom flinched in surprise from his voice.

Realising the seriousness of the situation, only then did Leto frowned and stood up.

"Miss Pierre, follow him."

As the professor requested, I supported Leto. His body was weak.

Leto clenched his teeth with a pale complexion and walked out of the classroom.

As I witnessed Leto like that, I felt scared for the first time.

To be precise, the environment in which Leto had lived in had suddenly struck me.

"Leah."

Leto did not say anything. He tilted his head up and covered his nose with a handkerchief to prevent more blood from spilling.

The sight of Leto struggling to stop the blood was pitiful.

The area around Leto's nose started to stain with blood again.

"Damn it."

A curse spilt out of Leto's mouth. Worried, I stopped my tracks and looked at Leto, who didn't even move.

He, apparently, had no intention of going to the infirmary. He must have thought he could stop his nosebleed and so, simply stood there while fiddling with his handkerchief.

As long as he was able to stop the blood, he would be able to go back to the classroom. Recognising Leto's plan, I pulled his arm.

"Come one, let's go."

"It's fine, you go first."

Leto said in a stiff tone. How can I go in alone when he's struggling to block the blood? The nosebleed was one issue, but Leto's physical condition was also a concern.