Chapter 3

Bree could see Leto reading a book among the gathered students.

"I think you misunderstood earlier, but they didn't actually curse at me. They didn't talk behind my back, so don't worry too much."

"Don't talk to me."

Leto replied coldly again.

"Don't come near me."

"...Leah."

"Because I hate you."

Leto left without giving her a chance to say a word. A chilly silence hovered in the class after Leto left.

....Oh, this wasn't supposed to happen.

Leto didn't show up for the next major class nor did he appear for the liberal arts class.

When Bree came back to the dorm after the day was over, She found Leto lying on the bed. He flinched as if he had noticed her coming in, but pretended not to know and remained silent.

"Leah, it was a misunderstanding earlier."

He didn't say anything.

"They didn't curse at me. Don't think it's your fault."

Leto shook his head at my words. It was a time when the sun slowly started to set. A shadow fell into the room along with the red sunset. At the same time, Leto's eyes were dyed red. The colour that matched his red hair was blazing towards me.

It was a little scary.

"I hate you. It's disgusting."

"......"

Bree knew he was deliberately spitting out hurtful words. She thinks her method has been wrong so far.

Bree thought it would be better to step back a little. Taking a step back, She lay on her bed and vaguely thought of the future.

A long time passed by. As it got dark, the reddish room was soon covered by darkness.

"Mother....."

Leto, who already fell asleep, suddenly talked in his sleep. It seemed like a child that kept calling for his mother because he missed her. Even his expression was distorted, as if he was in pain. Then, he stopped talking and fell asleep again.

When she opened her eyes to the rustling sound, the dazzling sunlight attacked her vision.

Bree rose up and looked around. Leto, who was already up and wearing a coat, stared at her with a perplexed face. What time was it now?

At exactly 9 o'clock today, there was an important class called <About Green Magic and Nature>!

"Leah! Why didn't you wake me up?"

"......."

I spoke to Leto the same way I've always done to my mom or dad.

"What?"

Leto looked at her with a pretty dumbfounded look. Bree didn't have much time left. Taking a shower right now would be considered a luxury, and She wanted to change quickly so Bree threw off her clothes. And as She was about to take off her pants,

"...S-stop!"

Leto suddenly turned his head away and stretched his hand out. His face turned red as if he had seen something he shouldn't have. Bree was puzzled seeing his red ears.

"Why? I'm in a hurry."

"Hey, don't take it off here."

"It's my room."

"Why, you and I, we're both girls. What's wrong?"

Huh? Wasn't it fun to tease him?

Leto, who stepped back, fell flat on the bed.

"Get dressed! Go on!"

"......"